corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C GSi ??? any details.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C GSi ??? any details.....
essexracer

User status: Offline
1st Sep 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wished i read the post by andycorsa with the artical from Auto Express Mag before i went to my local vaux 2day!

they were useless, couldnt tell me fuck all

wat a surprise!

james
Will_Sport

1st Sep 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excuse the ignorance but what is the VXR? is it just another model (like SRi, GSi, etc etc) And what'll be so special about it? Is this the one they plan on making a 1.6 turbo of?????
essexracer

1st Sep 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vxr is gonna be the new "GSi" or "GTi" as other brands use. it will be the fastest model (like the GSi used to be) and yes it seams the new corsa vxr will have a 1.6 turbo...but its gonna be a long long time till we see sum on the roads!

theres already the vx 220 vxr

[Edited on 01-09-2004 by essexracer]
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 04 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Right the Corsa GSi - oh where to begin.

The Current Corsa is due to receive its final facelift in 2005 (at somepoint) then in 2006-2007 the D as per the AE pic above will be with us.

Vauxhall had planned to bulid a Corsa C GSi and they looked at two units. Anyone remember the Z20LET factory bulit Corsa at PVS last year?? (2.0 16v Turbo) that done a 13.7?

If Kevin Wale had had full influence then i would have bet they would have tweaked that to go into production but it proved to costly. Then the all new all alloy 1.6 16v Unit with 163bhp was looked at and decided this suited the Corsa much better.

Then this has been canned also to make way for the VXR - Every single model of Vauxhall will have a VXR model inside of three years as promised by Kevin Wale (current MD of Vx) 163bhp is not enough. It wont be quick enough to keep with the likes of the Clio 182 which is whats its being pitched agaist. So its being done and the 1.6 16v Turbo unit tweaked further.

That is as the story goes so far.............

Interesting info there, cheers
Teddy

2nd Sep 04 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem - just for the record i have drievn a VXR220 from motorbodies in Luton and lets just say it was very entertaining

The VXR will be the new Vauxhall "performance arm" the influence has come from Holden Vauxhall's sister company obviously with Vauxhall having a Ozzie MD at the min has helped this.

Holden (as im sure most of you know) have their performance arm known as HSV (Holden Special vehicles - www.hsv.com i think ill check the web address) and they make very very special cars indeed.

Obviously the success of the touring cars has pushed this though.

But i think people are sitting up and taking notice that Vauxhall have made and will be making more Class beating cars Its all good being a Vauxhall enthusiast
Kris TD

2nd Sep 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james, why not look at the new seat ibiza cupra diesel, thats got 160 bhp 0-60 7.6 seconds, plus you cen chip it!!!
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
No problem - just for the record i have drievn a VXR220 from motorbodies in Luton and lets just say it was very entertaining

The VXR will be the new Vauxhall "performance arm" the influence has come from Holden Vauxhall's sister company obviously with Vauxhall having a Ozzie MD at the min has helped this.

Holden (as im sure most of you know) have their performance arm known as HSV (Holden Special vehicles - www.hsv.com i think ill check the web address) and they make very very special cars indeed.

Obviously the success of the touring cars has pushed this though.

But i think people are sitting up and taking notice that Vauxhall have made and will be making more Class beating cars Its all good being a Vauxhall enthusiast

yeah the HSV's are everywhere out here. Stiff competition with Ford and their FPV vehicles, particularly the Ford Falcon XR8 and GTO.
Cybermonkey

2nd Sep 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sexy machine, 400bhp and very very quick.

Dave
sassyminx

2nd Sep 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a corsa b gsi instead

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C GSi ??? any details..... 23 database queries in 0.0131550 seconds