corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » Very bad company: PROTEK Rolling Road on Higher walton, Preston.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Very bad company: PROTEK Rolling Road on Higher walton, Preston.
Adam_B

User status: Offline
1st Sep 04 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks to these guys im now not going to trax.

I took my cylinder head to them over 5 weeks ago to be skimmed, ported and polished, they told me it would take 1-2 weeks to do the work, depending if the head passed the pressure test or not.

Ive rung them numerous (sp) times only to be given every excuse in the book including 'weve been to a rally in germany' and 'weve had people on holiday' Both of wich they must of known when i dropped the head off.

So ive not only lost nearly £50 which ive paid for tickets and track time at Trax, ive also lost over £70 on my insurance, which had i known the car was going to be off the rd for so long i would of put on hold.

Words cannot describe how pissed off i am.

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by Adam_B]
Adam_B

1st Sep 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some other ppl theyve fucked about,

'I can vouch for the bad experience at Protek. I took my car to them - reluctantly - to get my turbo replaced. At the time i didn't fancy paying Smart's £55 an hour labour charge and thought as they said they could do it i'd take it there.

So, i did and at the same time got a 'service'. I got the car back a couple of days later with everything feeling reasonbably ok. I couldn't really put my foot down as i was running in a brand new turbo. However, this was until a couple of days later, on the French motorways heading for Smartville (the factory) with the club, my car started to make a real bad rattling noise. As we drove on it got louder and louder with my car starting to sound like it was going to just explode.

So me, and the 28 other Smart's that were with me at the time pulled over into a service station. Upon further inspection my exhaust was hanging off - literally - as they hadn't put it back on properly, and also my HT leads had been fixed back 'in place' using DUCT TAPE!. I kid you not. I couldn't believe it. I had been driving around for a couple of days and all the way down into France with my car in that state, and I still had a good 200+ miles to go until we arrived at the hotel. I just couldn't believe it.

I'm also left wondering if they ever changed the oil on the service, as before i got the modified sump fitted, to get the oil out of a Smart's engine you had to pump it out, there as no way for you to just drain it. Thinking about it i doubt they knew that so they probably just left it. Possibly a contributing factor as to why my engine died, as the oil wasn't changed for quite some time after and had already been in the car a while.

For a supposed 'good' place to take your car too for tuning and other things etc, i really was shocked. It's fair to say, from my judgement (and the stories i've heard off others), that the place is wank, for want of a better word. I shall never be visiting it again nor even thinking about telling anyone about it, let alone sending them there.'

&

'that place is totally wank. my m8 took his 5 to get a bigger turbo put on and the head re-boed. they also told him to do this he would have to change his oil to a fully synthetic oil. ( which looks like piss ) he picked it up after paying 400 (and it was two weeks after they sed it would be ready! he was driving it home giving it a run in and it felt fine . he ran his turbo in and then a couple of days l8r his oil light kept flashing on and off. so he took it bak. they said they found the fault and fixed and charged him another 70 quid for labour. then when we were going down to manchester on the motorway and it started smoking a bit then a hurendeous clanking noise and then car died. we wernt even booting it. he took the head off and the crank cams etc had all bent and gone fuckedd. this was because they told him to use the wrong oil. THEN we saw that they had disconnected the engine oil warning light. so we took it back to them and told them wot they have done! they said it is nothing to do with them as its not their responsibility. we then got the motors union involved. Stil waiting for the outcome but it looks like they will be paying for the car to be repaired!'
si_reading

1st Sep 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for ya
GLSi GUY

1st Sep 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daymn. i just gave them nearly £260 for a bonnet and tailgate
R Lee

1st Sep 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooo.... doesn't sound very good at all

unlucky 'boot your car adam
leeshez

2nd Sep 04 at 05:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L33 LEG
Banned

2nd Sep 04 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be careful what u say about companies on the internet, they may turn round and ask if ur going to the local meets to solve the arguments
Mo

2nd Sep 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck em' piss taking bastards!
Bling Bling Pimp

2nd Sep 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fing trading standards fucking pikeys

lee did johm wayne turn up
GLSi GUY

3rd Sep 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam, just re-read the title.

PROTEK Rolling Road on Walton summit,

i ordered my parts from higher walton pro-tec. are they the same company?

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by GLSi GUY]
Adam_B

3rd Sep 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its higher walton, same difference

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by Adam_B]
L33 LEG
Banned

4th Sep 04 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bling Bling Pimp
fing trading standards fucking pikeys

lee did johm wayne turn up

no the prick didnt show up
Bling Bling Pimp

4th Sep 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GLSi GUY

6th Sep 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went in today. bonnet and boot are not ready yet. they say it will be ready to pick up on wednesday tho
Adam_B

6th Sep 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep me posted rob
langey

6th Sep 04 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GLSi GUY
went in today. bonnet and boot are not ready yet. they say it will be ready to pick up on wednesday tho

thats how it started with adam.

be ready i a week......
Bling Bling Pimp

7th Sep 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go roll on them fuck them all up
dirtymagician

8th Sep 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard ages back that they managed to blow up some guys R5 turbo on the rollers
Adam_B

8th Sep 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i got my head back

theres 2 bolts missing from the dizzy housing and one of the exhast studs has been ripped out so im gonna have to re-tap that hole
GLSi GUY

9th Sep 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my bonnet and tailgate on wednesday i am happy now

just tried getting a window out of a spare tailgate i had, but it smashed damn! i got another spare one, so i'll try that tomorrow, hopefully without smashing it, ha ha
Adam_B

9th Sep 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*falls off chair in shock*

GLSi GUY

9th Sep 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i drove down, expecting them not to be ready after what i have heard about them. hows the car adam? got the engine built up yet?
Adam_B

9th Sep 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright, doesnt like idling when cold, not sure if thats just cos its on a stock ecu or if the ICV is fucked, probably both

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » Very bad company: PROTEK Rolling Road on Higher walton, Preston. 24 database queries in 0.0130582 seconds