corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Aircon Prob!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aircon Prob!
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
10th Sep 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this is a long shot but my dad as a hyundai coupe and is having an aircon prob on it he posted this on his coupe forum was just wondering if anyone off here could help me out:

I had my car in the garage (local not hyundai) today for a service and asked them also to look at an aircon problem. I've been getting a strange hissing noise when i turn on the air con and it doesn't seem to be working, ie not geting very cold. The garage said they weren't familair with the air con sys on the coupe so would need more time to investigate another day but they think, but arent sure, the hissing is coming from the evaporater. Has anyone had this fault before or know what the fault could be? Any help would be greatfuly appreciated!

Cheers
ed

10th Sep 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be a gas leak from a hose in the system at a guess... Not too familiar with A/C systems, but a gas is leaking from somewhere and it would more than likely be a hose or a seal somehwere round there.
modded_corsa

10th Sep 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite be the thermostat expansion valve.......
Black Corsa SRi

11th Sep 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys

TTT

New Poll