corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » have you ever fell asleep at the wheel?

Poll: have you ever fell asleep at the wheel?
  Yes
  No

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author have you ever fell asleep at the wheel?
buckley

User status: Offline
14th Sep 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh on the m62 in the daytime
bin workin from 220 til 120 next day
me mate woke me up , i was shattered
Dom

14th Sep 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam
Don't fall asleep as such but do have times where I can't remember details about driving for the last 5 minutes

aye, i do this, where i concentrate too much on the road and its goes all a blur, then i wake out.

btw, a good tip to staying awake, apart from drinking coffee/red bulls etc is to force yourself to sing to the music your listen to it worked wonders when i drove to and from bristol with only 3hrs sleep
purple_corsa_gls

14th Sep 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
Originally posted by Adam
Don't fall asleep as such but do have times where I can't remember details about driving for the last 5 minutes

aye, i do this, where i concentrate too much on the road and its goes all a blur, then i wake out.

I do this all the time. i try to think back to whats happened on my way home from work etc, but sometimes cant even think which way i came. Scary shit though
Cavey

14th Sep 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think i've fallen asleep... not sure though.

Used to get loads of times when i've been really close to it, just feel my head rolling back and have to slap myself.

Drove to Rhyl to shag on the beach once, and nearly fell asleep on the way back, had to stop for a coffee
CraigyG

14th Sep 04 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
On the way back from trax2004, first time I've ever been REALLY tired behind the wheel. Was horrible, also on the M1 or whatever it is no one wanted to drive fast in the fast lane so we just sat there at crusing speed, was fucking horrible.

Tell me about it traffic was going well slow my mate was only doin about 60 thats why he kept noddin off
boyracer2002

14th Sep 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah after driving for 23 hours to france this yr only for a split second but bad enough done it a couple of times there/home - red bull dont work wonders
Lee 16v

14th Sep 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never done it, been really tired but th sub has always kept me awake
CorsaLad16v

14th Sep 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_alpine_junkee
never done it, been really tired but th sub has always kept me awake

well last night i had my stereo on more or less full volume with the sub pumpin away n i still drifted off its scary shit
Ben
Banned

14th Sep 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove from dundee to london last year , fell asleep loads of times and woke up at the rumbling of ma tyres on the hard shoulder , very close to crashing . so i pulled over and had a sleep. think it was because it was dark , warm and no one to talk to
Jamescorsa97

14th Sep 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeha i done it on the way home froma gig in london worked 6-12 then drove down to London and the gig finished at midnight. i drove home and fell asleep on the M1 nearly went into a field! mate woke me up before we did after that had music blastin and all windows open lol
harry23

14th Sep 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pro Plus. caffeine tabs but dont take em if you want to sleep sometime in the next 12 hours tho!

[Edited on 14-09-2004 by harry23]
AndyW

14th Sep 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a few incidents where ive been really tired n closed my eyes for a second, thought to myself that feels nice then just opened em again and opened windows and sing along with the chilli peppers at full blastseems to do it for me

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » have you ever fell asleep at the wheel? 23 database queries in 0.0084882 seconds