corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tyres...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tyres...
Rob B

User status: Offline
26th Sep 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have 16 inch mille miglia EVO alloys, need two new tyres for the front considering i will be lowering 60 mm soon what tyres are the best for this i here some have smaller sidewalls or something and are better for lowering, thank you Rob
TOMAS

26th Sep 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smallest rubber you can get on 16's is 195/40/16 which is a lower profile than the 195/45/16's which are most common. Ive found 195/40/16 tyres on my 7 x 16 et 45's I can easily get a away with 60mm lowering with minimal arch mods (debolt and slight trim at rear).

The two downsides are performance/handling is slightly worse with the lower sidewalls and secondly cost. Expect to pay between £75 & £120 a tyre because they are rare and there are only a few manufactures I know of that make them...

Pirelli P-Zero Nero (cheapest) around £75 each
Continental Contact Sport 2 around £80 each
Dunlop SP9000's around £85 each.

All those prices are from my local Mr Tyre (fully fitted & ballanced) but there are some big price differences depending where you shop.. Ive found places selling the Dunlop's at over £120 a tyre!!

I ran the Conti's and found them pretty good but im fitting a new set of Dunlops Wednesday so i'll let you know what I think to them...
Rob B

26th Sep 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks forthe help TOMAS, i need to keep 195/45 because im only replacing the front two tyres as the rears are fine, there are some uniroyal rainsport 1's on ebay for £40 ish was thinking of getting these i have yoko a539's on the rear any more help/opinions is very helpful Thank You Rob
Rob B

26th Sep 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Rob B

27th Sep 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt please any1
TOMAS

27th Sep 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right I see. Well you could run the different size (lower 40 profiles) on the front - it is legal but may look a tad strange but will give it a hint of the euro 'nose down' look. TBH im not sure which brands are good for this, I know my friends Falcon's had very rounded sidewalls so gave better clearance but its only a tiny difference. I think you should be fine with any 45 profile lowered 60mm.

TBH however from experience i'd only lower 40mm, 60mm is ONLY good for looks and there's not THAT big a difference between 40mm and 60mm really, you'll still tell its lowered.

40mm will give you a comfier ride, better handling and grip, less chance of scrub and less negative camber on the front wheels (an increase in neg camber causes tyres to wear quickly on the insides) so generally their are a LOT of bad point lowering 60mm and beyond however really lowered cars do look amazing.
AdiSRI

28th Sep 04 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reccomended the Pirelli P Zero Neros aswell, there wats going on my car once the tyres are worn out.
Joff

28th Sep 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres have been answered to death already - please search, I beg you.
Rob B

28th Sep 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then joff you do a search and find me a post which answers my exact question please see what you come up with

New Poll