corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » WTF EBAY EMAIL?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WTF EBAY EMAIL?
mjw_2k2

User status: Offline
15th Oct 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i received this email from - support@ebay.com -

Subject: Your eBay account will be suspended

Dear eBay User
As stated in the User Agreement, Section 41.1, we may send you this email.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account can be suspended if you do not solve your problems and you do not co-operate. After the multiple frauds registered lately, our company has initiated a study regarding this problem. In this study the company has reached the conclusion that most of the frauds were possible because of the low email service security level .

For a best deployment of our further activities (the frauds prevention) our company has decided to test for free the security of the email services that you (our users) use.
Hoping you have understood that we are doing all these for your own safety and for the good deployment of the relations between our company and its parteners we suggest you to acces the following form to test your e-mail .

This problem is regarding any eBay member .

If you do not respond in 24h after you have received this eBay notice, your account might be closed and got out from our server .
So we ask you kindly to co-operate and let us know if you still use your account or not.
Please login into your account at this link:
http://signin.ebay.com//aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

If you have any other problems contact us.

i clicked on the link and it went to some other site - http://iulikafuangiu.home.ro/CC/gzu.html

but with the same as the ebay login thing, then it asks for all your information etc, credit card info and bank details, i was like wtf? closed it straight away,

please tell me this is fake
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Oct 04 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scam.

Pinch the images, make the text look the same, and ask for your password and bank details. Scam.
Mikorsa16v

15th Oct 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooh dear, watch your bank balance from now on
frenchcorsa@work

15th Oct 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scam...receive the same e mail in English while I only buy or sell on ebay France which send emails in French only...
Valleyscorsa

15th Oct 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shite, i would have prob fallen for that, sometimes i really hate the internet
Kerry

16th Oct 04 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had one from ebay asking me to update my credit card details

i have never used a credit card with ebay

i dont think so scammers
FlamingCorsa

16th Oct 04 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats very clever, i never actually read the emails i get of ebay, get bored of them - lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » WTF EBAY EMAIL? 23 database queries in 0.0095851 seconds