corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Annoying rattle from rear suspension

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Annoying rattle from rear suspension
mwg

User status: Offline
26th Oct 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had springs and shocks on my Corsa for about 2 months and its always made a rattling noise that sounds like its coming from the rear suspension! Did a search and found this post and greasemonkey says about you are only meant to nip up the thread on the rear

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=176728

I know fuck all about suspension or anything mechanical so is this something I can do myself cos thats wot I reckon is the problem and its really starting to piss me off! cheers for answers in advance

[Edited on 26-10-2004 by corsa_boy69]
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 04 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its spring chatter, get used to it, the coils on the springs sit together and so they make a chattering noise when the touch if you get me!?
X 60RSA

26th Oct 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure its not the exhaust pipe catching on the back axle? I know mine does.........just need a new back box exhaust rubber as it has stretched and caused the pipe to rest on the axle at times.......
mwg

26th Oct 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye the exhaust pipe does catch but thats a different noise to this one Ill be getting some new rubbers to sort that out
mwg

26th Oct 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
its spring chatter, get used to it, the coils on the springs sit together and so they make a chattering noise when the touch if you get me!?

could be that then no way around it i suppose
broster
Premium Member

26th Oct 04 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope no way rpound it unless yo ufit coilovers to the rear.

New Poll