corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bonnet respray

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bonnet respray
MarkW

User status: Offline
   30th Oct 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bonnet has a load of scratches and a lot of touch ups carried out by the previous owner which weren't exactly done properly

What would be the best / cheapest thing to do;

have my current bonnet sanded / smoothed / primed & resprayed and what cost am i looking at roughly?

buy a new bonnet from sel-imperial and just have this sprayed.... again what cost am i roughly looking at for spraying?

or wait until i can afford a carbon fibre bonnet and just fit tht instead

cheers for the advice

[Edited on 30-10-2004 by purple5]
Dom

30th Oct 04 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be about the same i would have thought but personally i would get a new bonnet and get it sprayed, and will cost about 200-300 quid inc bonnet for a decent spray. But these are rough prices from what i gather, im currently looking to do the same as my bonnet is starting to bubble and its only a T reg car
MarkW

31st Oct 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get the bonnet for £65.19 from sel-imperial - thatcham approved - it can't cost the best part of £200 just for a bonnet to be sprayed can it?

Think i might just wait to get a carbon one if so
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
I can get the bonnet for £65.19 from sel-imperial - thatcham approved - it can't cost the best part of £200 just for a bonnet to be sprayed can it?

Think i might just wait to get a carbon one if so

well i popped into my local merc sprayers and they quote about 200 quid for spraying, considering they have to blend it the right shade. But you can deffo get it cheaper than that, but it depends how much faith you have in your local body shop.

however, red-sxi off here does body work, so give him a u2u and see what he says i know ill be giving him a buzz when i need to get a few things patched
MarkW

31st Oct 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might just do that - cheers m8
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Oct 04 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cost me £50 to get my bonnet sprayed..

but he did a horrible job..

i am going to re-do my bonnet myself and badboy it at the same time..

New Poll