corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Helly Coil anyone heard of it

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Helly Coil anyone heard of it
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
4th Nov 04 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically my head gaskets gone and is currently being fitted by my boss, baicallty he said that it wasmy gasket but depending on how hot it was when it went it could of fried the engine. Anyway it looks like I could of got away with it but whoever had the engine before me made a really sh!t job of doing whatever work it needed, its had 3 new pistons, new valves the bolts never had washers on and other litle bits too.

Anyway to the problem when the lad put the head bolts in he never put them al in right and the inside of the block is just ripping the bolts apart my gaffer says its either a new block or helly coil them all I am worried about is if the head goes again how good is this, my mate reckons riols royce used to this with everything in the early days so it cant be bad, anyone who doesnt know it envolved drilling the hole bigger in the block making a new thread then lock tight this thing in place which has a thread on outside to cling to the block and another for the head bolts. Is this realistic or is it going to cause me more problems do I have any other options and if so at what cost many thanks Paul...
AdamF
Premium Member

4th Nov 04 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive used them before on the rocker cover but id have to think twice about using them onthe head bolts mate
Rileysport

4th Nov 04 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre ok for head bolts.... make sure someone who knows what they're doing sorts it out
3CorsaMeal

4th Nov 04 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had one put on my sump nut as i over tightened it and chewed the thread out of sump......

i'm cool like that ^^^^
L330wnz

4th Nov 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where I used to work sold helicoil kits mate, http://www.lamberts.co.uk or phone them on 01603 422100 and ask for sales they can post them to you for a small charge too
leeshez

4th Nov 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heard of these and we use thim at work on the machines
Karnage Corsa

4th Nov 04 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boss at work is going to be doing the work and he is an engineer real brains inside his head not like mine apparantly my mate reckons they used to use them at ICI which is a big indusrial plant and they used them on machines going at 30000 rpm so hopefully will be ok on mine, he knows a bloke that will hopefully supply us with a hellycoil for £30 and use the machine more or less free of charge that does the work or whatever if it dont work what sort of prices am I going to be lookign at to sort the engine wil I need a full bottom end a full engine or what tanks for the help chaps, Regards Paul...
Anton2K3

4th Nov 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Helicoils will be stronger than the origional threads, will have no probs there.
Karnage Corsa

5th Nov 04 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just what I needed to hear

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Helly Coil anyone heard of it 23 database queries in 0.2830341 seconds