corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what to do? sell up or carry on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what to do? sell up or carry on
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Nov 04 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after a number of problems with my car - which are now nearly sorted - I dont know wether to give up and get rid or carry on and finish car - its been offered fast car feature once either the interior or the engine is sorted - Ive enjoyed showing in and wanna get onto bigger stands over next couple of years - but dont know wether to get rid and start again on soemthing with a bigger engine already - possibly F2 hyundai Coupe or an A3 quattro - or finish this off ( 2.0 16v; retrim, custom mods to the outside - paintjob,ICE,lambo doors - all in about £2500 and a hell of a lot of time and effort and off the road time over xmas)

I'll have all this to do again if I get a new car - but dont know what to do - opinions

PS I have to do this to this car or the next to get the business off the ground - so no smarmy comments like dont bother or dont do nething or just keep it standard etc - need a demo car

[Edited on 04-11-2004 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

4th Nov 04 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topshot_2k
Banned

4th Nov 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finish it off mate, then move on to an new car.

looks sweet by the way
topshot_2k
Banned

4th Nov 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also where you based mate? after some bodywork doing after xmas
RichR
Premium Member

4th Nov 04 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Staffordshire Moorlands - no more than 1.5hrs from Northampton - not far from Stoke

after xmas would be good cause were having a new ramp put into the workshop in December; so we can get cars in and out easier - at them minute have to fit bumpers on outside the shop -cause the ramps too steep
greengoddess

4th Nov 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finish it off m8, wud be a shame not to after putting in all that work & wud be finished quicker than starting on something else not to mention cheaper.Nice ride fella
Red_SXi

4th Nov 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finishing it off will be a waste of money compared to putting it into a new car which will hold its value quite well, but if you do want to finish it off go for it
RichR
Premium Member

5th Nov 04 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

however - this car isnt gonna lose nemore value now tbh -its pretty much worth next to nothing k reg - 1.2 with 100k + miels- and would get stripped and sold as standard or broken completely once we come to sell it
AdiSRI

5th Nov 04 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem with it imo is the front bumper..

it NEEDS to be lower but with that front u cant, get shot of the front and get one not as low then slam it.
AdiSRI

5th Nov 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want it to demo your work why not make a custom front bumper from another car grafted to that one, and make it the right height...
RichR
Premium Member

5th Nov 04 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the smae thought - but got a plan with the bottom half of that bumper instead - shuld allow me to lower it

and I can lower it 40mm now - Since splitting up with my g/f - I dont need drive down farm tracks nemore haha -silver linings

New Poll