corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to take a boot off?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to take a boot off?
JUGGA

User status: Offline
7th Nov 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 pins i know

but what do i do about the wires goign into the boot? they dont pull out so im guessing i have to cut em??????
Mistamist

7th Nov 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no there is a connector block just behind the interior plastic in the inside near side. the bit where the rear seatbelt harness is. then just unclip the circlips on the lifters and the pins and away it comes.
JUGGA

7th Nov 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, off to give it a go
myke

7th Nov 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my calibra, i struggles to knock the pins out of the hinges, so i just unbolted the torx bolts holding the hinge to the roof.
wezjax

7th Nov 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wires do pull out so long as you disconnect them all.
simply remove the washer things on the pins then tap them out and remove the struts.
JUGGA

7th Nov 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol this was possibly one of the hardest things ive ever done. nova boot i can take off in seconds.

corsa... lol... hours? pins were easy the fecking wires were hard!!! you say i had to take off the trim inside the car near the rear seat belt thing. so i did(that snapped off in the end) so now looks TACKY! then i unplugged the wires and went to thread them through. got stuck about 100 times all the tape came off and left the wires all sticky which went all over my hands!!!!!!! finaly got the bastid out and off. went to spray it(as thats what i was taking it off for) and it started raining(weather report(S) said NO RAIN!!) but says i work as a gardener report says it rains AND DONT) wierd ay????? had to make a man made tent thing to cover the boot from rain. went to spray it in prima that went well but top coat in red went bad as my spray gun got blocked. unblocked it and started again then stopped (gun was broke) got pi55ed off with it slightly wet still i picked it up and put it back on my car before my whole interior of my car was soaking WET! in the process of doign that my boot got scraped. so imagine a boot.... a light top coat which looks patchy and half done with scratched on it. oh and to top it off i was doing that in the farking pitch black as it gets dark at 4pm

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY(!)
Adam-D

7th Nov 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some days you shud down tools and drink beer
JUGGA

7th Nov 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true say....

364 days of the year. pick up the tools the onyl day it dont rain

New Poll