corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Key position for CD player

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Key position for CD player
danvdan

User status: Offline
7th Nov 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently, have just had a CD player fitted, beforehand the tape player standard thing that came with the corsa was easy to turn on, just press the button without putting the key in at all.

Now, with the CD player, I have to turn the key to the position where it sits before you start the car, practically as far as you go-the dash lights up and everything. I've been told though, that this can burn out the coil in this position. Is this true, and also common, is there anyway to change what it takes to turn on the CD player? The red and yellow are round the right way, so it saves the memory and everything like that too.
Mo

7th Nov 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need to put the stereo on permanent live so u can turn it on without the key and its the first i've heard about burning out the coil i've had mine like that for nearly 2 years!!
danvdan

7th Nov 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mo
u need to put the stereo on permanent live so u can turn it on without the key and its the first i've heard about burning out the coil i've had mine like that for nearly 2 years!!

Can only burn out the coil if you don't start the engine just incase I mislead anyone. Is it safe to put it on permanent live? If so, is it easily doable?
Mo

7th Nov 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easy to do just finding the right permanent wire with a multi-meter. the coil thing is bollocks IMO i've had 3 different cars and they've all been wire with the ignition and all my mates have it wired in the same way but i've never heard of the coil burning out.
danvdan

7th Nov 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mo
its easy to do just finding the right permanent wire with a multi-meter. the coil thing is bollocks IMO i've had 3 different cars and they've all been wire with the ignition and all my mates have it wired in the same way but i've never heard of the coil burning out.

That's all good news, thanks for that, I'll be giving it a try on thursday then, got the day off so should be able to check it in the light. It's only for cleaning the car really to listen to some music, but if no one else has had their coil go the I'll hope for the best.
Richie

8th Nov 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will not affect anything mate, thats the normal way for stereo's to be wired anyway.
danvdan

8th Nov 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
will not affect anything mate, thats the normal way for stereo's to be wired anyway.

Bugger, must've been lucky with the standard one then, I was in my grans car and hers is wired like that as standard anyway. Cheers for the help.
spinsk

9th Nov 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know my golf has an accesory setting which is active just when the key's put into the ignintion, it doesnt need turning.

could he do that?

New Poll