corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP ASAP WITH RIP OFF INSURANCE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP ASAP WITH RIP OFF INSURANCE
M333KS D

User status: Offline
16th Nov 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i need some cheap insurance, got a corsa sri 1.8 03 plate, vauxhall insurance keep adding on bits to my premium, its just cost me £165 to insure an exhaust and induction kit, they didnt cost me that much to buy, it now standsat £1600, could someone reccommend anywhere to get cheap insurance with mods, thanks
miles

16th Nov 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIC.

You pay £165 insurance for a induction kit and exhaust? I'd rather not have them...
Greenn

16th Nov 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont tell em!
smack

16th Nov 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool victoria dont charge nothing for mods
M333KS D

16th Nov 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YOU GOT A NUMBA FOR HIC
shawboy

16th Nov 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the topped thread in this section.
Joff

16th Nov 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps you are too high a risk to qualify for cheaper insurance on that car?
corsacant

17th Nov 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its cunts with no insurance that push up our premiums, not people who dont tell their insurance of simple mods. Its not hard 2 swap a cone filter back after an accident so as to not invalidate the insurance.
Cybermonkey

17th Nov 04 at 04:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greenn
dont tell em!

Ahhh yes excellent idea. Then when you crash, or be crashed into, the car will be inspected by insurers, find there are undeclared modifications and void all that they could possible pay out. That means that if you die, or the 3rd party suffers serious injury, YOU will have to pay for it. I hope you take in what people are saying on this board, because its not bullshit, well apart from you and your family burning in an accident, that was a bit harsh
Cybermonkey

17th Nov 04 at 04:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i say if you die, i mean that your next of kin will receive no compensation from the insurers, and you will have to pay for any damages IF you are found to be at fault, and being a young driver, no doubt you will.
Black Corsa SRi

17th Nov 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsacant
its cunts with no insurance that push up our premiums, not people who dont tell their insurance of simple mods. Its not hard 2 swap a cone filter back after an accident so as to not invalidate the insurance.

erm mate some people dont declare stuff you cant just take off at the drop of the hat and whne they crash their insurnace is invalidated so basically people who dont declare mods may as well jsut be driving with no insurance and if the car was inpounded or you were put in hosp by the crash how you gonna take the filter off?
--Dave--
Banned

17th Nov 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring up mum and ask her to remove it. If she's finding it hard you can always guide her through it step by step.
Black Corsa SRi

17th Nov 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm.... yes
YesBoss[UK]

17th Nov 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral Are Good,
I Pay £999 For 12months On My 1.4 Corsa SXi, With Tinted Window, 17" Alloys, Induction Kit, Sports From Bumper & Airdam, And Rear Box, + I've Had One Accident, Im 20 And Ive Been Driving For 2 Years With 0 No Claims Bonus....

Everywhere Else Where Quoting Me Between £1500 - £1800 Notes
Joe
corsacant

17th Nov 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do agree with big mods that aint easy to remove but simple 1s like airfilters i dont think are an issue.

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by corsacant]
Makarus

17th Nov 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Performance DIrect.

I'm paying £1400 for my Honda Civic 1.6 16v V reg, full Delta 4 bodykit, full stainless ascar system, 18" ACE 201's, window tints, alpine head unit and JBL kit consisting of components, 6x9's, 12" and 15" sub and phillips amp. Best quote by £200.

Its a bastard getting insured on a Civic, told by the insurance that they are classed as one of the most at risk cars in the country, dunno if this is just bullshit though.

Oh and htese people who say "Don't tell your insurance" are obviously mindless TWATS who dont realise the risk they run for themselves and others.

If you smashed into me without something declared then I wouldnt be able to claim off you because your insurance would be void, and because I love my car I would then proceed to hunt you down and give you a good kicking for your twatish behaviour.

Just grow up for fucks sake.
corsacant

17th Nov 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt say dont tell your insurance, i just said i dont think minor things are that important

New Poll