corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » For those House/Dance types...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For those House/Dance types...
Laney

User status: Offline
   20th Nov 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, part 2 of my Degree assignment is to "create 2 tracks in the style of early House music".

I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to mixing it all together ( as in how to use the programs, how to count a bar ), its just I don't know what tracks to sample.

Any ideas of songs that'll mix well/sound good together?
Carl

20th Nov 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prodigy - charly
Mistamist

20th Nov 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how early house we talking about? Right back to chicago house or later stuff, give me a ballpark and maybe an example and ill name a few tracks of similar genre
Carl

20th Nov 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some hacienda acid house style tunes id pick to sample.
Mistamist

20th Nov 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the earliest artist/songs i can think of are

basically anything by J M Silk,

Ten city - Devotion,

Ce ce Rogers - all his stuff is kool.

theres a few for ya need any more give me a shout
Laney

20th Nov 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mistdotcom
how early house we talking about? Right back to chicago house or later stuff, give me a ballpark and maybe an example and ill name a few tracks of similar genre

Yeah, as far as I know it can be anywhere from '85 to '95 - Chicago Warehouse to Ministry Of Sound.

I didn't know if anyone did this kinda thing and would be able to point out some easy stuff to throw together

Mistamist

21st Nov 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the above all generated from the Chicago warehouse, tbh some of the best house ever produced. there was a program about a year back on tv that got me interested in old skool house ever since i have been listening to some of the "greatest" tracks from the forefront of the house genre.
Mistamist

21st Nov 04 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you a drummer? what sort of stuff you play? i used to play couple years back but stopped when i left college. plan to start again.
Laney

21st Nov 04 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well the above all generated from the Chicago warehouse, tbh some of the best house ever produced. there was a program about a year back on tv that got me interested in old skool house ever since i have been listening to some of the "greatest" tracks from the forefront of the house genre.

Yush. I could easily listen to the older stuff mixed with a some Funky House. Its all got groove

quote:
so you a drummer? what sort of stuff you play? i used to play couple years back but stopped when i left college. plan to start again.

Yeah, I'm a drummer. I can play pretty much anything. My last band was a hardcore punk, but it looks like my next one is going to be a bit more watered down indie-punk stuff. Sadly, its what brings the most money.

Get back on them pans lad!

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by Laney]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » For those House/Dance types... 23 database queries in 0.3247879 seconds