corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Crashed it.. bugger.. Front grille

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crashed it.. bugger.. Front grille
lozzd

User status: Offline
29th Nov 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bastard came round a sharp bend at about 60 in a 40 limit in the middle of the road seconds after i'd pulled out of my friends drive. Was doing about 30, skidded about a bit, ended up in a verge and a bloody branch hit my bonnet, luckily not damaging the bumper, radiator, or the windscreen... quite a few large dents in bonnet though, as well as scratches, and the brackets that hold on the front grille have snapped.
i have found places that have the bonnet for £55 which seems good, just gotta get it sprayed etc, but the front grille, i was thinking of getting a better looking one since i have to get a new one anyway. I have an R reg corsa B, which i believe is the 96 to 98 one, which has the rounded vauxhall badge in the middle.. from the websites ive looked at it seems its not possible to fit a decent grille in the front, for example a debadged one i found on ebay, is this true? i havent taken apart the grille yet, its still hanging on, so im not entirely sure how it fits.

sorry about all that writing!
cheers,
laurie
Adzy2k2

29th Nov 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had same problem with my grille tho it was cos some chav had kicked it and it had snapped! i got an r reg corsa to, if urs is the same as mine then its fairly easy to replace. I thinking you got the grille that aint moulded into the bumper am i rite?

If so there are a couple of debadged ones on ebay usually bout £20 - £30 and are imported from god knows where. They r pretty simple to fix, i used the max powers guide to modifying the corsa to work out how to get the bumper off! if u dnt want to get that then reply and ill write the stuff out u gotta do, bu is a worth while book to get

hope dis helps
lozzd

29th Nov 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yaeh i was gonna get that but i havent got round to it.. instructions may be useful if i can get it.. i doubt the grille is onto the bumper, as where its been knocked back it looks seperated.. so do you just unscrew the two black things holding it on to the top? do you have to take the bumper off? that sounds a lot of work!

thanks for your reply
oh and i found 1 i just dont wanna post the link incase it makes the price go up loads lol
Adzy2k2

29th Nov 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it aint that hard to do really, i dun mine on my own bu help makes it much easier. There are 5 screws along the bottom edge of the bumper (need to get under the bumper to see them) undo them, then in ur wheel arches there are lil plastic covers open them and there is a bolt u need to undo (both sides of the car) then undo the 4 screws holding the bumper and grille on under the bonnet.

I heard it is possible to do it wiv out taking the bumper off but my mate broke his bumper tryin it that way!

Hope this helps
lozzd

29th Nov 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ok ill have a look. thanks for your help!
gutted about the crash tho. bastard just sped away. my poor car grr. im only 17 and been driving 5 months & already someones reversed into me with a towbar and now this!!

thanks again.
Laurie
Adzy2k2

29th Nov 04 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 18 had by car 5 months to and some1 opened their van door on my car scratching the wing and arch trim. they drove off! then a wek after i got it repaired a woman reversed into me cracking my bumper moving my light and wing!! she paid for that tho
ainsley_brader

29th Nov 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your first post makes no sense to me what soever!!
lozzd

29th Nov 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i apologise, which bit?

nice car btw!

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by lozzd]

New Poll