corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New ICE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New ICE
Smick

User status: Offline
29th Nov 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite lads!

As some of uz know I got my car broke into the other week and my amp, subs and 6*9's nicked (still pissed off but anyways...)

I'm lookin to get some new stuff pretty soon cuz its depressin listenin to music in my car the way it sounds @ the minute!

I had 2 x Vibe PT100s (300w RMS each) In a sealed box and a Alpine MRP-M350 before, was happy with this and could be tempted just to try and get the same stuff as I had before.

I fancy a change tho, could be interested in going for a single 12" in maybe a ported box. I prob listen to rap / RnB the most, followed by dance.

Anyone any reccomendations what I should go for? Looking at around £250ish all in but could stretch a bit more if it was something outstandin'!

What sub & amps u guys got?
Dom

29th Nov 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250 quid is pushing it mate for something half decent Personally i would look at a single 12" sealed box (will provide enough bass for your dance and tight enough drops for hiphop/rap etc) and a decent amp

Something like an Alpine setup would work nicely, or get a rockford package deal (around 300 quid) which would also be suitable

However, i would save as much as you can mate, because you really need about 300-350 for half decent stuff
AdiSRI

29th Nov 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really ud want to be running a M350 on each sub ( if the subs are dual 4 ohm / single 2 ohm) on your old setup....

sub choice is upto u, but you could do a lot worse than say 2 JL12W0's and the alpine amp that u had before, good sound on a budget.

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by AdiSRI]
Smick

29th Nov 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will a single 12" alpine be louder than the 2 10" vibes I had before do you think?

edit>> the vibes are single 4 ohm, I had em both runnin @ 2 ohm together off the 1 amp

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by Smick]
AdiSRI

29th Nov 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no a single alpine 12 wont be louder, i do reccomend the JL's a few people have had 2 of them and i have been quite impressed.
Smick

30th Nov 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or how about a Vibe Monoblock IV, (1x750W RMS at 2ohms ) that do the job?

I think I can get my hands on one for around £120.

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by Smick]
AdiSRI

30th Nov 04 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that would power 2 type-r's aslong as they were 1221D not 1241D
Smick

30th Nov 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers AdiSRI.

Im gettin it 2nite, £120. Thats a bargain.

The guy is sellin a Vibe AC10 twin box aswell, mite just get the lot off him.

They are the same subs as I had before, mine wernt in a proper vibe box tho, just a mdf sealed one.I was happy with them then, even tho they wer only gettin 350w RMS.

Think there would be much difference in sound with this proper factory box and the vibe VP4?

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by Smick]
AdiSRI

30th Nov 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shud be u were underpoering them good before...
Smick

30th Nov 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ICE isnt goin anywer near the car until I figure out a way of puttin them in that wont be easy to take out. Those thievin bastards arent gettin at my stuff again.

Any ideas of how I can fix em in?
AdiSRI

30th Nov 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

screwit down inside the box then fit sub after, never coming out then without removing the subs from the boxs...
Smick

30th Nov 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, gud thinkin but It wudnt really work for this 1 cuz the subs r already in the box, its this:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2450&osCsid=c0d1722de7ce0436bcda3ca302307367

AdiSRI

30th Nov 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case im not sure, surely the box must be dismantleable...

wat happens if a sub blows...
Dom

30th Nov 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Smick
The ICE isnt goin anywer near the car until I figure out a way of puttin them in that wont be easy to take out. Those thievin bastards arent gettin at my stuff again.

easiest way, wack big sod off bolts through the gear (amp, speaker box etc) and through the cars chassis (with the nut inside the car). Then weld the head of the bolt to the chassis
its abit OTT i know, but i know a few people who have done this and the only way to get stuff out is with an angle grinder and a hour or so although its abit of a pain in the arse if something goes wrong
mobymaster

1st Dec 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2450&osCsid=c0d1722de7ce0436bcda3ca302307367

If you look at the picture, the silver port things in the centre can be removed, so jus remove it and whack sum bolts thru the bottom and then re-attach

And before u do anything, wire it all up to check it works. Be a bit of a ballache if u fitted it all in, all nice and secure and something didnt work right.
neiliosxi

1st Dec 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

easiest way, wack big sod off bolts through the gear (amp, speaker box etc) and through the cars chassis (with the nut inside the car). Then weld the head of the bolt to the chassis
its abit OTT i know, but i know a few people who have done this and the only way to get stuff out is with an angle grinder and a hour or so although its abit of a pain in the arse if something goes wrong

it stops them taking your gear but they will just destroy it with a crow bar trying to get it out! least the fuckers will walk away empty handed.
Smick

1st Dec 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neiliosxi

it stops them taking your gear but they will just destroy it with a crow bar trying to get it out! least the fuckers will walk away empty handed.

Yeah thats my opinion anyways, if im not gonna have my ICE, no one else is. Wud rather they destroyed it than let them have it and make a few £.

I like the Idea of takin the ports off tho and boltin it in that way, Ill look into that.

Still really cant get over that sum1 broke into my car and nicked my stuff. There are sum tramps about, really are scum those people. Prob never worked a day in their lives
Dom

1st Dec 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neiliosxi
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

aye, thats the point tbh - like smick said, if you're not gonna have it then you can be certain no one else is

Although it is alot of pratting around with the welder etc etc but it is bloody secure, and like i said - unless someone has an angle grinder with them and a good 30mins+, it wont disappear...plus they would make too much noise trying to get the stuff out etc etc
Smick

1st Dec 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah each minute longer it takes them to try an get the stuff out, the more chance u have of catchin the gits! Or they bottle it and give up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New ICE 24 database queries in 0.2872810 seconds