corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dial rings fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dial rings fitting
WhiteGSI

User status: Offline
1st Dec 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone fitted dial rings to a corsa b? i have some and trying to figure out how get hte clear plastic off the front of the dials area without braeking it. anyone know? any help appreciated
j0hn

1st Dec 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta take the steering wheel surround away (just phillips head screws holding it)
MJ

1st Dec 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i have just done mine

- Start by undoing the 3 screws holding the dial surround, on mine it is silver.

- Then undo 2 small screws that hold the plastic on around where the key goes in. you have to turn the steering wheel 90degress to the left and the right to remove them.

- Then if u look underneath the key lock there are 3 more screws that hold the plastic to the streering collom.

- Then remove the 2 lower plactic bits, they fell like they willl snap but they dont, they will come off. Then remove the surround bit by taking it through the top u have to bend it alittle.

- Once all the plastic is removed ondo 2 screws that hold the dials in. and unclip the top.

- U can either now remove the whole speedo or just the front bit, I did just the front bit. To do this put ur hands behind once u pull the dials out abit and unclip the 4 clips, and then the front comes off. To make it easyer pull the millege reset pin out.

- Now is the fun bit, getting the rings in. The smaller ones are easy as u just put them in through the bigger holes. For the large ones. split the seal along the top then open it abit and slide the rings in through the top.

- Use superglue to stick the rings in and to seal the dial back together.

- Then fitting is the reverse.

Any Questions Just ask.

Sos about the spelling

This is wot mine looks like

j0hn

2nd Dec 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool!

New Poll