corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leak in exhaust system system cause backfires?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leak in exhaust system system cause backfires?
TOMAS

User status: Offline
24th Dec 04 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondered if a leak in a de-cat section of exhaust could cause a mahoosive pop when giving it some & shifting through the gears? Ive got a shitty bodge job of an exhaust system on my valver and noticed its leaking about a week ago since then well appart from sounding shatt its developed a loooverly rally slag pop pop bang

[Edited on 24-12-2004 by TOMAS]
deanmcreynolds26

24th Dec 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh it does this...
Nismo

24th Dec 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does that but i have no leaks
TOMAS

24th Dec 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^

Rich on the overrun eh? Well I thaught it was pretty funny, shat myself racing against someone the first time it happened as it never used to - wasnt expecting it, thaught thats the timing belt gone for a split sec...

Pulling the shit thing off after crimbo and going custom. Want it quiet because I know that when I get a loud exhaust I tent to drive around like a spanner all the time thinking im Mr Solberg or summat in my shat 5door brick... Quiet system and I tend to drive more sensibly
drunkenfool

24th Dec 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tomas, thats exactly the same problem i have with mine, and after reaading your similar performance problems then there might be a common link! Ive head a couple of HUGE bangs that made some old lady jump when i went under a bridge
infinitycorsa

24th Dec 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

behave matt.... stop thinkin bout these poor old ladies as usual! there inocent till you sliped them 1
vibrio
Banned

24th Dec 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a back fire but a bubble in the flow
ed

24th Dec 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A back fire is a sign of overfueling. However, as your car has a de-cat pipe fitted then the likely hood of it backfiring would be increased because the catalytic convertor would get rid of most of the un-burnt fuel. Don't think a hole in the system makes it backfire though...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leak in exhaust system system cause backfires? 23 database queries in 0.4362152 seconds