corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » driveshaft removal on c20xe corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author driveshaft removal on c20xe corsa
Tom N

User status: Offline
29th Dec 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above.

i need to somehow get the driveshafts off the part where it connects to the brakes or from the gearbox (diff) itself.

i expect they just need a really good pull

failing this, i will just have to take the brakes out with the engine.

any ideas??

thanks

tom
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
29th Dec 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove split pin at outer cv end. loosen big 30???? mil king nut, need a deep socket for it. remove and split ball joint so bottom arm and the hub are floating seperate. then pull on the hub and shocker assembly and the drive shaft will come out. by loosenin the king nut, means the shaft can be removed all together if needed. bonus. simple job, oh and take wheel off btw

New Poll