corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hmmmmm what to do (job choice etc) help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmmmmm what to do (job choice etc) help
MikeD

User status: Offline
29th Dec 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would have to be porsche anyday
StuartVRS

29th Dec 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stay at VW mate, i need discounted parts from you.

However the unselfish side of me says go for the new job, then i shall expect a thread in a couple of months 'Ive bought a Porsche' by Jr.
vibrio
Banned

29th Dec 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I wouldnt fancy dealing with Porsche owners all day, I bet they are ignorant pricks.

or maybe people who have worked hard and want to own something really nice, and appreciate paying for it

then they would not be buying a german gay penis substitute then
antscorsa

29th Dec 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but u have to think to urself do u really want to deal in parts for the rest of ur life, i say take the porsche job and gain some different experience, it will always look good on cv as porsche stands for a degree of class who would only employ those who are the best at their job.
Mattb

29th Dec 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

porka... then you can get me a job as a techy
Fad

29th Dec 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What joff said made sense make sure there are ways of progressing through the dealership otherwise you will end up financially stained even though you may enjoy the job..same position i am in at the mo.

As you said to me before you got more chance once your 20/21 to apply for a sales position at VW use that i reckon then after a bit of experience try a salesplace at a more prestigous dealer Also what i found is bonus schemes are good when you get something out of it but once you stop getting that u really notice it and it feels like your being diddled. There is the reliance factor on bonus's to consider

plus working in a parts dept and earning less money wont get you a porshe 928
Corsa Racer 69

29th Dec 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Porsche would look better on your CV, i got a similar prob mate, been offered the chance to work at a ferrari race team but means leaving college with an HND n not a degree, but get factory training at maranello so that will count and a start there in april, depends how far porsche are gonna train ya and help u progress aswell
chr15barn3s

29th Dec 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr - im considering going into a parts apprenticeship when i finish college. Can i ask you a few questions?

Whats the work like?
How did you start? Apprenticeship etc...
What sort of money you started on and what your on now?

Please reply on here or u2u dude as i wouldnt mind some info on it from somebody who does the job
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Dec 04 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Porsche are so desperate for staff why are they not paying the rate for the job?

It sounds like a similar job in which case I'd be asking which is easiest and most likely that you will be able to run in the future.

If VW share staff with the rest of VAG then your seniors are more likely to move about? Porsche might keep the same parts managers for years, no promotion there.

Having said that, it does look cool on a CV.

I suspect most of the people you'll be dealing with will be either bodyshops etc., or private owners who are down to earth enough to be doing their own work.

I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of customer!
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Racer 69
Porsche would look better on your CV, i got a similar prob mate, been offered the chance to work at a ferrari race team but means leaving college with an HND n not a degree, but get factory training at maranello so that will count and a start there in april, depends how far porsche are gonna train ya and help u progress aswell

Get the experience now. If you find you need the degree still, you can always go back into education.
James_DT

30th Dec 04 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go for the job that offered me the better challenge, not the badge of the company. I feel people are saying Porsche because it's Porsche and no other reason.
jr

30th Dec 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i took the job , after speaking to people, may as well have a go at it, than sit a vw and do nothing for the forsiable future

chr15barn3s
Whats the work like?

easy after about 6 months, you start after then to no the system off hand and remembers hundreds and hundreads of parts numbers of the top of you head

How did you start? Apprenticeship etc...

applied for it off the net, went stight in etc, no point in a aparts apprentiship IMO

What sort of money you started on and what your on now? u2u

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by jr]
jr

30th Dec 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers to all the ppl for there advice btw
jr

30th Dec 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
What joff said made sense make sure there are ways of progressing through the dealership otherwise you will end up financially stained even though you may enjoy the job..same position i am in at the mo.

As you said to me before you got more chance once your 20/21 to apply for a sales position at VW use that i reckon then after a bit of experience try a salesplace at a more prestigous dealer Also what i found is bonus schemes are good when you get something out of it but once you stop getting that u really notice it and it feels like your being diddled. There is the reliance factor on bonus's to consider

plus working in a parts dept and earning less money wont get you a porshe 928

StuartVRS

30th Dec 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James, we are now down to 0 unos

Richard has sold his Part ex for peugeot 206 GTI

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hmmmmm what to do (job choice etc) help 23 database queries in 0.0163801 seconds