corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What should I do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What should I do?
Antz

User status: Offline
31st Dec 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last year I DJed at the Cow & Calf Hotel on Ilkley Moor... was supposed to do that again this year but my dick of a boss needs me in Grassington... about 25 miles away, now way I can get a taxi, so I'll have to drive, and not have a drink...

All my mates are going to Creation in Leeds... If I tell Drew this close to the time he'll fire my arse... is it worth it?

Advice please... and fast

[Edited on 31-12-2004 by Antz]
SetH

User status: Online
31st Dec 04 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only one night, better not to drink and keep your job?
J da Silva

31st Dec 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what Seth said, or take your professional dilemma's into the real world?
Marc

31st Dec 04 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure Drewston wont fire you on new years eve
Antz

31st Dec 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, got it all sorted, gonna drive there and sleep on the bar floor! gonna be lashged, hope they don't want a decent night cos I'm gonna be in no fit state by the end
Dom

31st Dec 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Antz
Right, got it all sorted, gonna drive there and sleep on the bar floor! gonna be lashged, hope they don't want a decent night cos I'm gonna be in no fit state by the end

why dont you just do the job properly??? your employed to work and do a decent set.....
MikeE

31st Dec 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

why dont you just do the job properly??? your employed to work and do a decent set.....

what i was thinking
Antz

31st Dec 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only doing it cos he double booked any way... I did loads in 2003, spot on, did ace jobs, everyone was well pleased... then he had nothing for me in 2004, he's been giving them to this other guy who doesn't know is arse from his elbow... then I gets a phone call about 3 weeks ago asking me to do it cos the other guy isn't ready for owt this big yet... turns out the other guy is doing the Cow & Calf now.... that's why I'm pissed off!
Antz

31st Dec 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So leaves me with the one furthest away... and it's probly gonna cost me more to get there and back then I'll earn all night!
Dom

31st Dec 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm only doing it cos he double booked any way... I did loads in 2003, spot on, did ace jobs, everyone was well pleased... then he had nothing for me in 2004, he's been giving them to this other guy who doesn't know is arse from his elbow... then I gets a phone call about 3 weeks ago asking me to do it cos the other guy isn't ready for owt this big yet... turns out the other guy is doing the Cow & Calf now.... that's why I'm pissed off!

in which case you should have phoned him and said you wanted to do that set etc etc
tbh mate theres no point in going in a huff, even though it was abit shit of him to do that, just do it earn the cash etc
tbh, i wouldnt use a manger type bloke, i would go solo as you atleast have choices of where to play etc etc etc
Antz

31st Dec 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True... I only use him cos he has all the gear... I just go, play, have a few beers afer hours and come home after pocketin some cash.
Dom

31st Dec 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
True... I only use him cos he has all the gear... I just go, play, have a few beers afer hours and come home after pocketin some cash.

but surely you would A)get alot more money and b)have choices in where you play etc

the only downer is the fact that its alot of work to do + you have to start doing taxes etc etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What should I do? 23 database queries in 0.0798099 seconds