corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » computer question....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author computer question....
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jan 05 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok this is a strange one..

my brother and i have basically the same machine.

amd 64 3000+ Socket 939 on the A-Bit AV8 m/b graphics cards are different and also i am using a network card he is just using the onboard lan..

but the problem we are having is cooling.

granted my case is woth £150 and is meant to cool but even with none fo the 8 internal fans working my chip runs at bout 50 - 55 degrees c under a heavy session on 3d mark 2005..

on my brothers it runs at 65 -70 degrees c with all 6 of his internal fans working.. but that is just sat in bios.. not doing any work at all..

any ideas?

dj_mikey_k

1st Jan 05 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replace the stanard fan/heaksink combo with a nice coolmaster aero 8 jobbie or a coolmaster jet
MarkW

1st Jan 05 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is his running a proper AMD Heatsink & Fan?
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
is his running a proper AMD Heatsink & Fan?

yes, both got the AMD 3000+ package.. heatsink, fan and chip,

although the heatsink is a shit one. (aluminium) and the fins on it are very thick..

the only reason that i dont wanna change heatsink and fan is because i havent seen any different ones out there to suit the 939 m/b's

i had a copper heatsink on my old barton 2.8 chip and that run at 38 - 40 degrees...

chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tryed my chip in his machine and its back running at 50..

but ive just installed the mb utilities to check fan speed etc and the temp on mine says 44 degrees (idle)

and my bros 45 degrees (idle) but in bios says 60 degrees (his chip in his machine)

how stange..
James_DT

1st Jan 05 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, some AMD motherboards, the actual BIOS reads things wrong even on the same model you get some that do it wrong.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right..

ok then.. he is going to take the chip back and get another i think

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » computer question.... 23 database queries in 0.0164490 seconds