corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crazy 616bhp Nova

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crazy 616bhp Nova
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
31st Dec 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sadly your missing the point. its got nothing to do with how it looks at all. its all about the engine. if i had a 615bhp nova, i wouldn care if it looked like a granny car. not every aspect of modding your car is to do with styling. im more into engines than spoilers and wheels and that
Steve
Premium Member

31st Dec 04 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you were seriously into engine you'd understand the aspect of usable power, that there is not usable
foz mi16

31st Dec 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i hope its 4wd cus wat use is that kind of power in a fwd?
Steve
Premium Member

31st Dec 04 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ see spoken by sumone who aint a chav
foz mi16

31st Dec 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not coming on here to argue with anyone but 250bhp through the front wheels is plenty enough its just not designed for it!
Steve
Premium Member

31st Dec 04 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who needs arguements when you have poah
BeArDy

31st Dec 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know where Steve Coming from
its the old whats faster
230bhp Corsa on Throttle Bodys
OR
330bhp Corsa 2lt 16v Turbo

230bhp of grip is alot lot quicker and better then 330bhp of wheel spin

main reason why High powered XE are quicker up the 1/4 and 0-60 then high powered LET.
is not about how much bhp its about getting the power down and being able to enjoy it
foz mi16

31st Dec 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true i got 191bhp in mine an gets the power down very quickly an smoothly dont get me wrong i wanna get it pushin more out but i dont want too much so that it cant cope!
BeArDy

31st Dec 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best Example is LuckyB
only bout 230bhp but cos everything worked so well together and the car was balanced right it gave the car so much control and grip to make a 4.9 to 60
which RWD and 4x4 cars would find it hard to get.
corsa kev
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 02:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
i know where Steve Coming from
its the old whats faster
230bhp Corsa on Throttle Bodys
OR
330bhp Corsa 2lt 16v Turbo

230bhp of grip is alot lot quicker and better then 330bhp of wheel spin

main reason why High powered XE are quicker up the 1/4 and 0-60 then high powered LET.
is not about how much bhp its about getting the power down and being able to enjoy it

i cant remeber a corsa turbo with 330bhp that lost to a 16v 230bhp down the strip,
corsa with a genuine 330bhp would be doing low 13's
16v with 230bhp would be high 13's????
Skipz

1st Jan 05 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy's point is true tho.. a car with 230bhp that doesnt wheelspin alot of the line will mince a 330bhp version that wheelspins in the first few gears!

You need a good launch and traction as well as a fast car!
Nic Barnes

1st Jan 05 at 03:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gsi steve, me a chav?? explain please.

all im saying is, if he built it to produce a hell of a lot of power, and it does, dont care if its useable or not, he has achieved what he set out to do.

building a 1000bhp skyline and you only get 450 but its useable everyday kinda defeats the object of trying for 1000bhp dont it?

fwd is limited for traction wise, but also, if you have a lot gong through the front wheels and you can control it, ie, a good driver, then surely its only a waste for the first few seconds, when car reaches maybe 60mph.

and as corsa kev says, a 330bhp turbo wont be beaten by a 230 n/a if the drivers are both competant.
timrud_

1st Jan 05 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm afraid your wrong about the 330 vs 230 on the 1/4.

Obviously you have never driven one. 230 will grip and its off, by the time 330 has stopped spinning and spending more time going left and right its the top of 2nd. Then 330 grips, starts reeling 230 at a great rate of knotts, but the strip just isnt long enough....

Result:
230 wins but with lower terminal speed.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ie muppet dont know wtf hes talking about and resembles a chav
corsa kev
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
I'm afraid your wrong about the 330 vs 230 on the 1/4.

Obviously you have never driven one. 230 will grip and its off, by the time 330 has stopped spinning and spending more time going left and right its the top of 2nd. Then 330 grips, starts reeling 230 at a great rate of knotts, but the strip just isnt long enough....

Result:
230 wins but with lower terminal speed.

still waiting for an example of a genuine 330bhp beating a genuine 230bhp N/A
Nic Barnes

2nd Jan 05 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i give in, must be chav, dont know a thing about anything. i quit. cant be bothered arguing with people who belive everything they say when sometimes, it just may not be true.

616bhp, thats awsome in my book. im looking for 350+ out of my let on tb's, but then again, im chav i guess, so my 1.2 has a k+n or summit like that

[Edited on 02-01-2005 by muppetsport]
starkie

2nd Jan 05 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ok muppet i must be the same as am looking for 400 + out of mine but going mid engined to help with wheelspin so must be somewhere in the middle

also on mig there is a 400bhp mk2 astra putting out 10.2's and thats front wheel drive all be it in africa the big difference is he put wheelie bars on to load the front so in theory the 616 bhp COULD be used up the strip in the nova

[Edited on 02-01-2005 by starkie]
myke

2nd Jan 05 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova or not it's the engine that makes the power.
if it works out to be stupidly too powerfull for the chassis, then it could be put into another car which will handle it all a lot better.
Nic Barnes

2nd Jan 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starkie, mid engined is good plan. mine is still front engined. when i first built it about 3years ago had planned on doing wide track 4x4 using the cally set up, but back then these fixed tranny boxes were a fortune and i wasnt exactly content with having 35 ecu's to run the 4x4 system and fitting abs and fitting pas etc etc etc so bombed it off. of course after id welded a new front end on to the car and sorted out all arches and strengthened it, fixed tranny boxes came down in price. fwd it remains, now with atb thanks to lee mitchell though

http://members.aol.com/muppetsport/mycarpics/turbo1.jpg

pic of my 'chav' mobile. aint got a clue about anything to do with cars or tuning or engine conversion.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crazy 616bhp Nova 23 database queries in 0.2741730 seconds