corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » can't pop mah bonnet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can't pop mah bonnet
sim0ng

User status: Offline
24th Jan 05 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stuck some light brows on my car the other day and since I haven't been able to pop the bonnet without the aid of somebody pushing firmly on it so I'm assuming that the brows are pushing the bonnet up a bit so that it can't pop open normally.

I don't wanna remove the brows, but hows the best way to sort this? Would I have to tighten the cable going to the bonnet poper? if so how would I go about doing this?

BTW its a phase 1 Corsa B if this helps.....
Balling
Premium Member

25th Jan 05 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you've used too thick a layer of bonding! Try refitting them!
You could also unscrew the bonnet lock-pin a bit to gain more space between lights and bonnet, but wouldn't recommend this...!

[Edited on 25-01-2005 by Balling]

sim0ng

25th Jan 05 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

somebody else has said to do this, also been recomended to spray it with a shit load of WD40 cuz it may have gotten a bit stiff. I've got another corsa sat on my drive way which is ment to be getting picked up for scrap soon, so I'll try swapping the catches around and see if it makes any difference.

New Poll