corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Daz washing powder

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Daz washing powder
myke

User status: Offline
   1st Feb 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

works a treat for unblocking your water hoses.

after my head went porous i've had emulsified oil blocking my coolant pipes.
the head was repaired, and i flushed the hoses and my radiator as best i could with a garden hose, but there was still loadsa shite left hanging about in there. kept making the hoses pressurise. must have been blocked somewhere.

anyway, i'd been looking for this Forte product called bio-degreaser which is supposedly the right product to get the oil out of my hoses.
http://www.forteuk.co.uk/Bio_degreaser.htm
i called them to find my nearest stockist, who turned out to be a garage just up the road.
i went in there to see if they could get hold of some for me, and after explaining my problem, the mechanic told me to stick a load of Daz or similar in the header tank and let it get nice and hot.

i chucked a cupfull in tonight, and my heaters started working again after just a few minutes(matrix was blocked).

never would have thought about putting washing powder in the coolant, but it worked wonders
damn site cheaper than the forte stuff too.

happy chappy again
Mattb

1st Feb 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like that idea
the_legend_of_yrag

1st Feb 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

myke

1st Feb 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just gotta remember to flush it through again when i get some daylight.

Mattb

1st Feb 05 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah sod it, leave it in, pop yer socks in your header tank and when you get to where your going, take em out and sello tape the socks to your rocker cover and go home. when you get home youve got clean dry socks
myke

1st Feb 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bargain.

could chuck a few rashers of bacon on the cam cover too?
Mattb

1st Feb 05 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

breakfast and clean socks.. all a man needs..
Gruff

1st Feb 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mistamist

1st Feb 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chicken wrapped in foil, with potatoes and rest it on the manifold, you got yourself a succulent sunday lunch
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Feb 05 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my engine seems to have the same problem but with mine when i drained the thermastat side of things the header tank level never moved at all until it had been driven for a little while, the water is clean so i can only assume that something is wrong and blocked. Am i right in saying this will do no damage at all even if flushed out after the clog may be cleared?
myke

1st Feb 05 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there's a samll airlock, then that may keep the water in the bottle from flowing around.
once the engine is started, the pump should pull the water down.

if the heaters are working, the fan is working, and the car doesn't overheat, then i shouldn't worry about it too much.
you know if your head was porous as the tank would be full of stiff beige jelly.

i took my tank out and held it upside down, and the stuff still didn't come out untill it was shaken vigorously.
very messy.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Feb 05 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my head was porus but was sorted and the garage did their best to flush the crap out. recently it has slowly began to run hotter almost as if the clogging is getting worse. the temp now sits constantly at the bar below the 100 degree mark even after 1 mile from stone cold. i have not used the car since and i am tryin to work out what is wrong tomorrow. I'm 100% it may be a blockage now :S though the heaters work so it must be the front of engine i would think :S
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Feb 05 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to mention the water is spotless and the oil is fine so its not a recurring fault! to do with the head having been porus
myke

1st Feb 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the hoses go solid when the temp goes up?
mine did that, which was caused by the blocks.
flush it a few more times, and it should freee up.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 05 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it come with the bonus of a lovely smell
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Feb 05 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pipe that leads from the raidiator to the header tank goes solid but all the rest are soft ie the thermastat to rad one and my heaters are all working. could just be the pipe leading from head to radiator
Mistamist

1st Feb 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only if teamed up with fabric conditioner
myke

1st Feb 05 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought i could smell it through the vents actually, but i'd left the cup that i brought the powder out in in the door pocket, and it was that that i could smell.

stoney, take that hose off and see if you can blow through it.
you should be able to see it overflowing back into the water bottle through the neck.
if it's not moving, then somethings up.
you could always disconnect the hose from the bottle and drape it over the front of the car to the floor to see if anything comes out when the engines running.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Feb 05 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=176879

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Daz washing powder 23 database queries in 0.0166910 seconds