corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Londons 2012 Olympic Bid, Yes or No?

Poll: Londons 2012 Olympic Bid, Yes or No?
  I back the bid
  Keep it away from London
  Hope it goes to France so I can pop over
  I'll watch it on T.V but I'm not bothered where it's held
  Don't care, I don't watch it!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Londons 2012 Olympic Bid, Yes or No?
Paddyg

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering what everyones thoughts on Londons olympic bid are, especially Londoners, but it is sure to affect us all as a nation.
I am for the London bid, but do realise that taxes are going to go through the roof if we get it, and London will be manic.
Plus it might be just as easy to jet over to France and watch it there rather than trying to beat all of the congestion in central London!
What do you people think?
Cheers
Patrick

4th Feb 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a Londoner, I hope they fuck right off..
neiliosxi

4th Feb 05 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not in britain, its more hassle than its worth, half of them wont go back home!
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 05 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldn't give a fcuk

No one likes Britain anymore, we a walkover
Paddyg

4th Feb 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bulk of the costs, between £1.5 and £2.4 billion will come from Olympic national lottery games and £875 million from increases in council tax! Wouldn't that bother anyone?!?
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 05 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sooner our generation is in charge the better.

i joining Al Queda, they have a good idea
Paddyg

4th Feb 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else?
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we need OJC
Paddyg

4th Feb 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why's that?
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 05 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he represents a great view of the unheard fighters and has a good perspective on society
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

4th Feb 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am totally against the bid for London, the cost of living for London is monumentally high as it is and the last thing the city needs is a rise in costs and a complete waste of money.

Another one of Ken Livingston's great ideas the wanker like the congestion charge he doesnt know anything, he is/ they are building and spending millions on new lines on the tube when the current tube is in serious/critical need of refurbishment and repair. Also buildings stadiums that will help absolutely nobody after the olympics which will end up like a waste of space like the Dome and a ridiculous amount of money recklessly spent like the new Wembly stadium.

Most people that back this bid are rich people i.e. the toffs, celebs and people with extremely high incomes that why you see them on tv and everywhere promoting it - they couldnt give a toss about money cos they have it.

*Paul_J style essay over*

But as a Londoner all my life right in the centre and heart of this city you can see why i feel so strongly about this place and what happens to it
Paddyg

4th Feb 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good shout mate, they say the bid will promote jobs, and extra homes in London, although the majority of the people that will be turfed out of their homes aren't manual workers, therefore the jobs will go to other areas of the uk.
Not that is such a bad thing as all new jobs are a good thing, but they are promoting the new jobs as jobs available for the people in the surrounding areas.
As a Londoner too, I'd like to be able to go to watch the games if we get them, but will anyone in London be able to afford the tickets after all the Tax we're going to be paying for the next 7 years!
Rob_Quads

4th Feb 05 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am all in favour of it. All those saying how its a waste of money. If you look at Sydney as an example of how to do it properly, those companies that invested in the games made thier money back before it had finished.

Its a VERY lucrative thing to hold. Yes it requires alot of investment but if its managed properly there is ALOT of money to be made out of it
BlueCorsa

4th Feb 05 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live in London too and now they've started it, they might as well go for it and I hope they get it.

Red Ken is gonna spend the money on the projects anyway (they're gonna build all the stadia and the olympic park, etc.

But yes, to pay for it all, the fcukers are putting the congestion charge up this year, also extending it to Kensington & Chelsea, the bus and tube fares have just gone up, council tax is going up again in April (£200-500 increase in some cases).

The people of London had the chance to get Ken out last year, but they wasted it. They obviously support his tax rises, wasteful spending and corruption in City Hall.

If all the people who voted for Simon Hughes (Lib Dem, who want taxes up EVEN HIGHER!) as their second preference for mayor had put their second preference for Steve Norris instead, then he would be our mayor and the congestion charge would be gone already.

Arrrrggghhh! FCUKERS
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

4th Feb 05 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in Kensington and Chelsea mate and obviously i voted against him cos of that and many more reasons. A lot of the people in London are idiots and dont care what happens then complain when things change and ask why didnt no one tell us etc. when they didnt vote and stop things from happening

I voted for Norris mainly to scrap congestion charge altogether ... so much for that now
Paddyg

4th Feb 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, Livingston's a bit of a twat but he is going through with many training and sporting facilaties already so we may as well go the whole hog!
But what about the Terrorists?
They'd love the chance to get one back over on Britian, don't you think this gives them the perfect chance with alll of the confusion in the capital?
Carr

4th Feb 05 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neiliosxi
Not in britain, its more hassle than its worth, half of them wont go back home!

spot on. just means paying out more benefits in the long run and even if it does create more jobs what happens when the olympics are over those jobs are gone and more people will go back on benefits. might as well keep the country in the shit state it's in now instead of worsening it. i just dont know how you londoners manage it
M2RTY

4th Feb 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
I am all in favour of it. All those saying how its a waste of money. If you look at Sydney as an example of how to do it properly, those companies that invested in the games made thier money back before it had finished.

Its a VERY lucrative thing to hold. Yes it requires alot of investment but if its managed properly there is ALOT of money to be made out of it

glad to see someone speaking sense
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

4th Feb 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucrative for who? the Companies invested their money and got their money back... what about the publics money taken form them? Are we going to get it back??? NO, and whos says its going to managed properly? like i said before my faith has all gone by examples such as the Dome and new Wembly stadium what good examples are there in London? London needs serious work done instead of pursuing personal ambitions of selfish rich list businessmen who want to line their pockets more at the publics expense, just a money making scheme for them and not for the public.

I can save my money and watch the olympics in Paris on TV or waste my money along with the publics and funds that should go to improving the quality of life for people and watch in London on TV?

After the games are over what will happen to the facilities and grounds nothing if you take a look at Crystal Palace the place is a joke and for so long needed money to refurb it and update it i havent been in years since i competed there when in school but the place was falling apart.

Sydney is different aswell for one Australia actually win a significant number of medals and how do u know that its gone so well for them? whats happened to the facilities and grounds since their olympics?, also London is a perfect target for terrorists so many probrabilities to take into account.

Just because Livingston's building sports facilities doesnt mean we should back him on that basis. Sorry but 90% of kids are on drink or drugs instead of getting into sports and athletics especially in London, Paris will win the bid anyway.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Londons 2012 Olympic Bid, Yes or No? 23 database queries in 0.0128589 seconds