corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rewiring indicators PROBLEM

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rewiring indicators PROBLEM
O.T.G

User status: Offline
   17th Feb 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok this is quite hard to explain...

basically i have wired astra mk4 side repeaters into my front bumper parallel to my side repeaters cos i fitted quad lights.
to "fool" the computer into thinking the original front indicator bulbs are still there i have joined the +ve and -ve wires together on both sides to complete the circuit

so the indicators work as normal but keep blowing the 15w fuses. i put a 30w fuse in instead but when using the indicators the wires become hot. if i use the hazards the 30w fuse blows.

wot have i done wrong?

thanx in advance.
James@CCC

17th Feb 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont no if i understand u problerly or not, but ur just shorting it out by connectin the +ve and -ve so ur goin to blow any fuse and its just stupid.

where are they new side repaeters uve fitted getting there power from? y not hook these up to these +ve and -ve?

i dunno, i hope i didnt understand u properly, if i did, just cut and insulate wot u did cos ur just shorting it out and fucking it up
Richie

17th Feb 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are shorting the wires as corser said. It wont complete the circuit. Corsa's have dual circuits anyway so the worst that could happen is that the lights would flash faster than normal.
O.T.G

18th Feb 05 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this diagram will hopefully show you wot ave done more clearly.

rite so ave shorted out the wires, how will i get around this?

the reason i couldn't use the original front indicator wires for the astra side repeaters is becos the small glass bulbs used in the side repeaters are too small a wattage and cant handle the current to them, hence the lights flash too fast
Richie

18th Feb 05 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then what you should do is connect the front repeaters up to the bulb holders again and just sit them in the engine bay, or you will have to get a resistor in there

New Poll