corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » overhaul on a X16XE ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author overhaul on a X16XE ???
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Mar 05 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently looking at a GSI with an X16XE in and was wondering what was involved in tidying it up internally. I'm not over mechanically minded, but i'm willing to get a haynes manual an have a go. What sort of things should be changed or checked internally 2 make sure it lasts a bit longer ???

Cheers

Steve

[Edited on 06-03-2005 by mase5]

Mase
Cybermonkey

7th Mar 05 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the head off and see the condition of the cams,valves and cylinders, they should be smooth as a babys bum, and look clean with fresh oil. If so, i wouldnt worry if its under 100k miles
Mase
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, cheers. Would i change the sump, head and rocker cover gaskets at the same then ?? What about porting and polishing the head ?? Does this actually improve anything or not ???

Mase
daddysport

7th Mar 05 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just give it clean blood oil both in the engine and gearbox will make it feel alot smoother and change all the filters oil/fuel i wouldnt do anythin too hardcore unless u wana tune to rant

New Poll