corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance and Policy mileage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance and Policy mileage
steve101

User status: Offline
9th Mar 05 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, when I took out my insurance policy I claimed i'd only be doing about 10,000 miles, however i'm in my 8th month of the policy and my mileage since taking out the policy is now approaching 14,000 miles...

What's the ruling on this - how can they find out how many miles I've actually done though?

Cheers
Colin

9th Mar 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I claim to do 5k a year.....average 200 a week u do the maths
Colin

9th Mar 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could maybe check by compairing old MOT's but they never would!!!

Your only asked to take a estimate anyway - its not tied in to your terms and conditions I dont think!
PaulW

9th Mar 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I claim 6k a year...

done 14k so far in 6 months
3CorsaMeal

9th Mar 05 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should reward u, u've done more miles than u thought and still not crashed saving them money
steve101

9th Mar 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep lol, I didn't think they would check, It's just something i've wondered about...
PaulW

9th Mar 05 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I've not crashed at all

*touch wood*
Tim
Site Administrator

9th Mar 05 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if you write the car off, they might notice that you've done lots more miles than the mileage you gave them when you started the policy...
broster
Premium Member

9th Mar 05 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically when you claim, they will notice that you do more miles than you say you do-well they may, and they will pay out for the car MINUS how ever much extra the policy would cost if you had declared the actual milage you do
PaulW

9th Mar 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they never actually asked me for the mileage when I took out the policy though...

Plus reading through my policy, it doesnt have the mileage thing on it, so as far as the policy document is concerned, its unlimited mileage (it really doesnt say agreed annual mileage: 6000)
Colin

9th Mar 05 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
But if you write the car off, they might notice that you've done lots more miles than the mileage you gave them when you started the policy...

Ive never been asked how many miles my cars done.............

Only how many I 'think' im going to do!
Colin

9th Mar 05 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
basically when you claim, they will notice that you do more miles than you say you do-well they may, and they will pay out for the car MINUS how ever much extra the policy would cost if you had declared the actual milage you do

How on earth are they going to find that out then????
broster
Premium Member

9th Mar 05 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well when you insure your car dont you tell them the milage, some companis ask for it, also to proove its worth money you will show all the history etc, INC mots. showing i had history for my astra gained me £200 when it got written off...
Colin

9th Mar 05 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well when you insure your car dont you tell them the milage, some companis ask for it, also to proove its worth money you will show all the history etc, INC mots. showing i had history for my astra gained me £200 when it got written off...

Ive never heard of anyone getting asked for current millage before.

Thats different, your approaching them asking for extra payout because you think its worth more, not them asking you to prove how many miles you have done!!
ROBSTA

9th Mar 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never heard of the mileage being asked but i know there is a new mot certificate thing coming out in april which is linked straight to dvla when its printed so they could check that i suppose when its up and running?
Mark Petty

9th Mar 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:

How on earth are they going to find that out then????

They may follow u around everywhere forever
Rebrabuk

9th Mar 05 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Adrian Flux quote that i got from them said unlimited mileage. But after i took out the policy they sent out all the usual forms/agreements to be signed and it asked for my current mileage and then had mileage limit printed as 12,000 per year.

I put my current mileage reading on, but scribbled out the 12,000 and wrote "UNLIMITED" on the form.. Haven't heard from them since so i'm hoping i'm covered..

Sly cunts..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance and Policy mileage 23 database queries in 0.0086310 seconds