corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What CV joints do i need for my XE'd Corsa?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What CV joints do i need for my XE'd Corsa?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
19th Mar 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, both of my CV boots have split in 2, hardly any grease in them so might have ****ed the joint itself? If there is a chance that i could have knackered up the CV's, i'd sooner have the CV joints replaced i think, just incase.

Basically i'm not sure what parts i need CV joint wise..........I have a receipt here from the previous owner which says 'Cavalier 1.7 CV Joint'............doesn't mean alot to me...........but probably means i need cavalier one's.................**** knows!.............

Thanks for your help!
carnoisseurcraig

19th Mar 05 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inner or outer cv's.. if its inner u need to find out what shafts u have.. is it fancy shafts with astra or cavvy cv's all round ot mk2 cavvy inners on corsa shafts.
X 60RSA

19th Mar 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on PVD shafts i believe, just re-newing outer CV's..........
TOMAS

19th Mar 05 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long they been like that? 2.0 16v and 1.7 TDI Cav CV's are the same. The way to test your CV's is see how much play they have. New boots on trade are about £8.00 a piece and fairly easy to change. You'll need some Castrol molly grease and some hefty zip-ties if the boots dont come with any.

If you bought it down to my Garage in Notss I could prob do it for you/help but im so busy with work for the next month.
X 60RSA

19th Mar 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
How long they been like that? 2.0 16v and 1.7 TDI Cav CV's are the same. The way to test your CV's is see how much play they have. New boots on trade are about £8.00 a piece and fairly easy to change. You'll need some Castrol molly grease and some hefty zip-ties if the boots dont come with any.

If you bought it down to my Garage in Notss I could prob do it for you/help but im so busy with work for the next month.

Ahh right, well i finish work Tuesday morning for an entire week, was going to tackle it myself but i'm really unsure.........i'm scared lol I can get the parts, have a few mates in the trade...........just don;t wana fcuk owt up ya see!
TOMAS

19th Mar 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well im free on friday.

Thru trade you can get 2.0 16V outer CV's on exhange recon for £35+ vat a side INC the boots clips and grease, so if you were unsure and wanted to do the whole lot you'd be looking at about a tonne to sort the job totally. Only thing I dont have is Circlip pliers to pop the CV off, have everything else. BTW is a large double garage at my home if you got confused.
X 60RSA

19th Mar 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could get the bits during the week and pop out your way on Friday if you don't mind? i'll sort you summits out for helping me! Or doing it all urself lol

OH, i have circlip pliers! Still un-used! not on friday tho!

[Edited on 19-03-2005 by X 60RSA]
TOMAS

19th Mar 05 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shite, just remembered I nackered my torque wrench last time I used it I fooked the ratchet mech on it so would need a torque wrench too for the castle nuts. Friday is good ATM, can I u2u you Mon nite just to confirm i'll be free from work Friday?

Im in Notts, near Trent Bridge so i'll give you directions in the week.

New Poll