corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » valver conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author valver conversion
rydamadam

User status: Offline
   23rd Mar 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just joined, gret setup guys been watching now for some time only just got round to registering. any way just finshed my first xe conversion into corsa and everything was running good all lights and sensors working and drove great, i removed air flow meter to fit indution kit and when i replaced it it was like a bag of shit, didnt run at all and had really tight sqeeling noise, changed new air meter and have no spark now, checked all relative spark parts and there all ok, i have another donor engine so bits were swapped. its done 77000 miles, any info guys, appreciated.
BromleyBoy

23rd Mar 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried putting back on the original stuff to see if it then runs ok and swap bit by bit to see whats not working?
carnoisseurcraig

23rd Mar 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its not getting spark check earths and coil. also check switched live and positive loom connections.

check that you never loosened the ecotec pipe and letting in air, that will cause ur car to run like a bag of spanners.
rydamadam

23rd Mar 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry think got wires mixed up, i tried new stuff from donor engine cos the old stuff want working, all earths are ok, what is switched live ? its funny because after turning car over it fires slightly for a second then gives up again, then a massive back fire as if the car has blown up.!!
any ideas?
corsa120

23rd Mar 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

minr did this ended up to be earth wire on alternater, so was just running on battery power, earth up alternater and jump start it drive and see
Nic Barnes

24th Mar 05 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the crank sesnor and/or the wire that goes to it. it connects to the loom near the grommit that goes into the bulk head. if this isnt plugged in it wont spark at all so wont run. the engine will still run without an airflow meter plugged it as far as i remember

New Poll