corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » two different radios in the same car have the same fault ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author two different radios in the same car have the same fault ...
timmy toad

User status: Offline
   17th Mar 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus has just got a P reg Corsa from the lady who lives opposite, her husband used it as a Driving Instruction Car before she had it, but that is By the way.

For some years the radio had been taken out of this Corsa because it kept switching itself on all by itself, it also did this when it was parked during the night with the key indoors !!!!.

When my missus got the car i put this Suspect radio back in, it was a Radio/CD Player, just to make sure it still had a mind of it's own !!!!!!!, IT HAD !!!!!!.

I then had the clever idea of getting another Radio from Ebay, (radio/Cassette player type) this duly came and i fitted it, what an easy job that is these days LOL, but sadly it still shows the same fault as the other one, it switches itself on whenever it feels like it

so putting my Sherlock Holmes cap on, i detected that it is the actual car electrics that is at fault , but has anybody else come across something like this chaps ??????

[Edited on 17-03-2005 by timmy toad]
corsa_lover

18th Mar 05 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has the car ever been stolen or attempted to be stolen as they might of messed up the electrics?
timmy toad

18th Mar 05 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, it has a totally unblemished history, bloody queer eh, i can see what you mean though, anyway she will be happy without anything to listen to.

tim
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

24th Mar 05 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire it in so u need the keys in the ignition to turn it on
timmy toad

24th Mar 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that suggestion friend, but she got so fed up with it switching itself on when she was driving it, so i took it out completely, she hardly ever had it on any way. LOL.

tim

New Poll