corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » need engineer/mechanic for a report on my car!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need engineer/mechanic for a report on my car!
sxi boy

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 05 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need an engineers report doing on my clio asap, basically ive gotta proove that the garage that did my cylinder head fucked it up and caused to bottom end to go so i can take the garage to court

any1 know any1??
corsa_jim

23rd Mar 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just asking mate y do you say its due to the garage that did the cylinder head ? my boss could do a report @ a price il ask for you . do you think they used poor quality oil or not changed the oil after the job?

Jim

[Edited on 23-03-2005 by corsa_jim]
linz

23rd Mar 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how are you going to prove that the garage did it?
corsa_jim

23rd Mar 05 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well and engineers report would tell himwhats coursed the bottom end to go so then could work out if its due to shody workman ship or weather its jus coincidence (sp)

Jim
neiliosxi

24th Mar 05 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically the car went in to have the head gasket fixed at a cost of £600, chris went to pick the car up 2 weeks later and when the car started the engine was almost jumping out of the bay and when he tried to rev the car it stalled.
the garage said the cylinder head must have gone and wanted another £600 to fix this, they had also broke an engine mount and said it was like that before.
chris managed to get a head and mount from a scrappy down south and they fixed it all up free of charge.
the next day the car cut out on the A19 and is totally screwed.
the guy from the garage has been to see the car, first he took out the spark plugs and said 'if its the head the car will still start'
and he concluded that it was the bottom end and not his problem.
the garage also scratched his bumper and dented/scratched the bonnet.
chris needs an engineers report on the engine so he can make the garage cough up to get it sorted as he wants to sell the car!
my fingers are sore now
sxi boy

24th Mar 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, i theyve not fitted the new head properly and replaced all the seals and valve stems etc properly, so water has gotten into the cylinders and the pistons can't compress water the pistons couldnt push up any further which has put extra strain on the bottom end causing it to go

[Edited on 24-03-2005 by sxi boy]
linz

24th Mar 05 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohh i see Thats crap, hope you get something sorted
M2RTY

24th Mar 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best go to renault
sxi boy

28th Mar 05 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just nd a report frm a mechanic, got a number frm a bloke off cliosport

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » need engineer/mechanic for a report on my car! 24 database queries in 0.0092130 seconds