corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Belts on C20xe Engines

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Belts on C20xe Engines
Filby1

User status: Offline
7th Apr 05 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many belts are tthere on thre engine? e.g Timeing belt, Fan belt power steering belt,?
GED2.0CORSA

7th Apr 05 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats it i think well mine is only three

timing belt
Alternator belt
power steering belt
Filby1

7th Apr 05 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rollers/timing belt kits are between 55-97 quid, got a price for a fan belt at 22 quid. where do i get the other belts from
GED2.0CORSA

7th Apr 05 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a local motor factors or a halfords wil have them bit pricey from halfords tho id think or the most abvious one would be vaux
Filby1

7th Apr 05 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sensors and meters go often on these engines? eg Air flow meters Lamda sensors? and how much to replace?
GED2.0CORSA

7th Apr 05 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your sure its a C20XE then yes the lamda has been known to go a little ify and from my personal experience the air flow meter, idle control valve, coolant temp sensor and thats about it i think
Filby1

7th Apr 05 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also known as cooling Sender, and idle control vavle know as crank speed sensor?

How much is an airflow meter?

[Edited on 07-04-2005 by Filby1]

[Edited on 07-04-2005 by Filby1]
GED2.0CORSA

7th Apr 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cooling sender ???

no idea ow much an air flow meter is brand new but ur sure to find on at a scrap yard, just try b4 u buy !!
TOMAS

7th Apr 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lamba sensor - measures exhaust gas mixture in exhaust & tells ECU to change mixture accordingly (£25 - £40 for a universal one, LOTS for Vauxhall)

Air flow meter - measures the amount of air comming in from your airfilter/induction kit and tells ecu to adjust mixture accordingly (LOTS from Vauxhall over £150 I think)

Idle control valve - tells the ECU when the car is idling i.e no accelerator and adjusts mixture accordingly (About £70-£100 I think @ Vaux)

Coolant temperature sensor - tells the ECU what temp your coolant/engine is at and adjusts mixture accordingly (about £20-£25 from Vaux).

Coolant sendor - sends the coolant temp to the gauge on the dash (about £20 from Vaux)

Crank speed sensor - tells the ecu what speed the crank is at to tell everything else when to ignite/injectors to inject etc (no idea on price)

Hope this helps.

New Poll