corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Autoelectricans found the problem!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Autoelectricans found the problem!
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My alternator is kicking out 20-30-40-50 vaults depending on how much i rev the car, my alternator voltage regulator doesnt work! The garage who did my CV joints had to bump the car off, im told this can fuck up electrical systems as they never used a voltage surge protector!

The alternator has blow my ABS ECU to bits and my Alarm ECU, plus my ABS relays are smoked out!

I'm lucky the car never went up in smoke!
3CorsaMeal

22nd Apr 05 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it still for sale?

Siberia

22nd Apr 05 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car seems to be a bit like shakin stephens's 'Old House' at the moment
Edd

22nd Apr 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the garage that did your cv's are at fault then surely.i would be looking for some reimbursement
James R

22nd Apr 05 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50volts
TOMAS

22nd Apr 05 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holey moses! My XE alt started to put out 16/17 volts - I thought that was bad! Must have fried the electrical system to buggery, hows your battery?

I can get you Vaux re-con guaranteed altenators at a very tasty price down at Reg Vardy's near me - with me being in trade. Gimme a shout if you want one...
X 60RSA

22nd Apr 05 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He tested the ABS voltage whilst i was there, he only quickly tested it and it was shooting way past 20volts! Some diodes inside the Alarm and ABS ECU have fried to buggery and its just getting neat voltage/current from the alternator, depending how fast im going. Something like that anyway, im not electrically minded!

The garage i took it to is where my dad works, its a building firm that has its own MOT test centre, the problems occured after they bumped it off. The auto electrician said we never advise bumping a car off unless you use a surge protector as you do it or something.

So come next week i'd have spent a total of nearing £800 on the car as TOAD dont sell Alarm ECU's seperate so i'm going for a Clifford Concept 650 at £325 quid! I might even bump up my invoice price to get extra money back when i ask for reburbishment!

[Edited on 22-04-2005 by X 60RSA]

New Poll