corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20Let?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20Let?
Filby1

User status: Offline
10th May 05 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats you guys recon? track a C20Let down for my Corsa B conversion? Or C20XE and Turbo/THB it later?
Tim
Site Administrator

10th May 05 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can afford the LET I'd do that (on past experience), but if you don't want to have the problems you see associated with the XE/LETs then budget for a rebuild...
1.4__SRi
Banned

10th May 05 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why past experience? are you feeling its slow now?
Jambo

10th May 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20LETs are excellent. But as metioned above, budget for as an extensive rebuild as possible.

New EVERYTHING
Siberia

10th May 05 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a whole calibra.... yer going to be very lucky to find a LET that isnt in need of a rebuild at this stage....
dirtydan

10th May 05 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ill be biased to a point on Let / XE.
Iv been in a XE (not on throttle bodies that i know of), and i have a let. I love the power of the let, alot of people say about traction, as of yet i havent seen a big problem with this except in wet when pulling off. If you can afford to buy and / or either rebuild or maintain well then go for the let.
Fad

10th May 05 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If going for a tack car get a XE NA is far more drivable. If your after a point and squirt kind of car get a LET. I was tempted to get a LET but after having a go f a turbo car and experiencing Boosting mid cornering I decided its not that nice. On a long nice stright however its awsome Depends are you a avid driver or a wannabe quarter mile king?
dirtydan

10th May 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
If going for a tack car get a XE NA is far more drivable. If your after a point and squirt kind of car get a LET. I was tempted to get a LET but after having a go f a turbo car and experiencing Boosting mid cornering I decided its not that nice. On a long nice stright however its awsome Depends are you a avid driver or a wannabe quarter mile king?

Adds to the fun
Jambo

10th May 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dirtydan
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

Adds to the fun

Torque steer helps you go round corners
Stu

10th May 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont waste your money!

Save up and buy a car with a chassis that can handle the power and comes with a powerful engine as standard!

**Talking from (very bad) past experience by the way!

[Edited on 10-05-2005 by Stu]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20Let? 23 database queries in 0.0096490 seconds