corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help Computer People, urgent

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help Computer People, urgent
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th May 05 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My stack has started turning itself off after 30 minutes or so - Its been moved from Southampton yesterday where it was fine - upto here and now it does this - it turns itself off and wont come back on or respond to flicking the on switch for abotu another 30 mins

any ideas - is it knackered, has something come loose ( ie a fan not kicking in so its over heating) but it appears to have two fans and theyre both running fine

arrgh
any suggestions

Leighton

25th May 05 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like it is over heating so yes i would say a fan.
could be the power supply there should be a fan out the back to feel or look at if it is working.
check inside on the cpu and the other fans (ie on your graphics card)
it might just be a conecter stoping a fan.
RichR
Premium Member

25th May 05 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its resolved; mate who built it has same computer for himself and

quote:
"its a bit wank really, i was pissed off when i found out what it was, never had a psu cut out like this before, but at least it wasnt something more serious which is what i was expecting

i run mine with the sides off because of heat in my room (and what it gives off, 3ds max really stretches it, so generates a fair amount of heat), so dust gets in really quick, suprising how it gets in there lol, gimme a shout if ya want it doing, it doesnt take long to do, 15ish mins, job done"

With moving house today - Ive done loads of dusting and comp was on for a couple of hours playing music etc in a realy dusty environment so I'll give this a go and hopefully it'll be okay
Dan B

26th May 05 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having the sides off the case actually makes the heat worse, since the air-flow won't be flowing across all the components to cool them down, it'll just be flowing randomly in/out of the case. Plus, as mentioned, dust will be a major problem...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help Computer People, urgent 23 database queries in 0.0110619 seconds