corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Component Speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Component Speakers
Corsa1600

User status: Offline
24th May 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, have bought the autoleads speaker adaptors for the corsa, just wondering what speakers will comply with the limited depth available in the front doors? Am i right in saying the infinity 6005cs will? what other speakers will, would like to go for a 165/170mm if i can to get as much mid as possible, possibley not going to fit a sub!
Looking to spend around the £80-90 mark, cheers!
Phil
Corsa1600

25th May 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas would be really helpful guys, just want to know what speakers actually fit in the front with the adaptors! What wont foul the window coming down?

[Edited on 25-05-2005 by Corsa1600]
xXSpUdXx

25th May 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think it cant be a depth of no more than 64mm, which the infinity are 62 as i have jut fitted them to mine.
Corsa1600

28th May 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at the infinitys but i went to MCS in leicester and the guy said the infinities really screech at you and same with JBL. He reccomended Boston Acoustic ones but they are £140, cant really run to that, plus i dont think theyll fit.
I know a lot of people on here fit the infinitys, how are they? do you feel they are quite harsh on the high frequencies? Can they produce decent mid-bass too? not sure im going to be fitting a sub so want a half-decent thump from them!
Cheers
AdiSRI

29th May 05 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will struggle to get speakers with a nice mid bass unit that will fit....

Boston however is a good choice, there new units use small magnets but still kick out the bass. You could do a lot worse.

Alpine R Types also kick, but they are harsh and dont fit in the doors...
IntaCepta

30th May 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the infinities will be a very tight fit.
but it will fit!
don't use the spacer rings on the speaker adaptor, and fit the 17cm speakers in.

I also trimmed down the speaker grill inner slates with a stanley knife, just to give the woofer a bit more clearance.
Richie

31st May 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Infinities are very harsh on the high frequences yes, BUT if you do it right by connecting the tweeter to the -3db terminal, it sounds muchos better
xXSpUdXx

31st May 05 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
The Infinities are very harsh on the high frequences yes, BUT if you do it right by connecting the tweeter to the -3db terminal, it sounds muchos better

i tried playing around with that on mine the other day, whats it supposed to do?
Corsa1600

1st Jun 05 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i decided to fork out the extra for the boston acoustic ones, £129.99 but can handle up to 150rms, and theyre supposed to give a good punch! you guys reccommend sound deadening? if so what areas of the car?
Plus, the amp i was going to power the speakers with i have just found out is 240rms per channel rather than the 180 i thought it was, so have bought another amp to run the components. Now i need to buy a sub, can you reccommend one? either 2 SVC or 1DVC sub, and the amp can run 240rms into each so 480rms in total! Was thinking maybe one 15", coz ill be getting a decent puch from the front, any suggestions will be appreciated though, cheers! Phil
Corsa1600

1st Jun 05 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you peeps make of the JLW0, just found 2xJL12W0 with MDF box for £159.99? Theyre only 125rms each which makes me think, well.....its very much below the norm, would they be able to take 240rms each? What sort of sound do thy give? Loud/puchy/boomy? never heard them so need some advice! cheers, phil
AdiSRI

2nd Jun 05 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for sound deadner check...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=190189

New Poll