corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air Filter Cleaning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air Filter Cleaning
Dan_R

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys just after the best way to clean out an air filter, as mine has been on the car for like 2 years and is getting a bit messy now, to the point when dirt is comin off on my hands when i hold it.

Can i just soak it in water to get it free'd up of dirt etc or will that do something to the filter?

need a reply asap pls

thanks
mikehiow

23rd Jun 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an air filter? I'm not really sure, buy a new one?

if you mean induction kit, then there are special cleaning kits, but their quite costly, I just buy a new one when it gets too dirty.
SN Marshall

23rd Jun 05 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a farm worker, with dusty tractor filters requiring frequent cleaning, i find that blowing them out with a compressor works well as a cheap alternative to constantly buying new ones. Assuming you aint got an compressor, just nip down to your local garage and ask nicely if you can use theirs. If you dont know what im on about then its the thing you pump ya tyres up with and is plenty powerfull enough to give em a good blast and when you see all the dust and shoot blow out you'll see what a good job it does. The shouldn't charge you if their decent people, cus its just air at the end of the day.
a_j_mair

23rd Jun 05 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a good plan. i need to do mine, think i will take it off and give it a blow with compressor see if its any good. iv also got a wee can of something i got with it, just says pipercross on it

New Poll