corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FFS!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS!!!!!
AndyW

User status: Offline
   29th Jun 05 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in march my car was rammed and broken there wernt much damage but i need new front bumper, arches and sideskirts new radio and it all wired in from loom cos they ripped the wires from so far back in the dash i cant repair it.

anyways for all the work to be dun ive been gettin quotes of bout 1200quid i cant afford so am goin thru insurance. CIS wont allow me to chose my own body shop i have to use there approved ones so they sent me to ford who said its a right off basically. so then im sent to a nissan dealer who are basically saying its not even worth goin thru insurance and that vauxhall no longer sell Gsi kits for corsa B so nearly 4months later and ive got nowhere!!! this is starting to really fuck me off...

end of the day CIS insurance are shit, they are no help and have no intention of helping there customers. they are even trying to say they want to charge me n my dad for fraud, cos the cars in my name but dads insurance. i dunno what to do to get this sorted really getting to me now, all cos some scummy cunts took my 80pound cd player and 30pound cash n 4 lighters

rant over
greycorsa

29th Jun 05 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know it was a crime to insure sum1 else as first driver on ur car......... surely not.... ??
Matt H

29th Jun 05 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The insurer should own the vehicle
AndyW

29th Jun 05 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but why? i bought the car and my dads the main driver of it nothin wrong there... also they should have said this at the start and not brought it up after havin the policy for 2 years, only when i try to claim
antscorsa

29th Jun 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they say that bolox to cover their back, some pig told me that the insuranc company wont cover me on my car if i crash it cos its in my dads name. if thats the case that means i cant drive it really so why bother adding me on the insurance in the first place
greycorsa

29th Jun 05 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats just plain stupid
Jonny P

29th Jun 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
they say that bolox to cover their back, some pig told me that the insuranc company wont cover me on my car if i crash it cos its in my dads name. if thats the case that means i cant drive it really so why bother adding me on the insurance in the first place

thats bollox mate
ed

29th Jun 05 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
Also, ironically, it is impossible to get insured in your own name if you are a male under the age of about 25, unless you want to pay stupid ammounts because male drives get discriminated agaisnt so badly... Technically you aren't covered if you are the main driver of the car, yet your insurance cover says otherwise, but until something is done about discrimination against male drivers then people will go on insuring themselves this way.
nickyboy01

30th Jun 05 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by greycorsa
didnt know it was a crime to insure sum1 else as first driver on ur car......... surely not.... ??

Not illegal but they can refuse to pay out if its obvious that the main policy holder isnt the main driver. My brother got in trouble when he did the same when he started driving.
Greg_M

1st Jul 05 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance companies cant tell you where it will be repaired. you can take it to whoever you like.

the insurance kicked up a fuss and tried to tell me i had to take the beetle to bodyshops they said. I told them bollox, im taking it to a VW place, and there was nothing they can do about it
Jamie

1st Jul 05 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CIS REALLY fuct me about (do a search)

Pissed me about for months, quoting me £500ish for car standard and £800ish for mods declared.

Eventually get documents thought 2 months later

Modifications - None

Phone them up, few days later try cancel and they are only willing to refund me £200!

Took a few days but got a full refund.
Mistamist

1st Jul 05 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy, i had almost the same problem with churchill when i first got my car. Get in touch with the financial ombudsman and let Churchill know this and for some reason they cackked their pants and paid out. give it a go
Jules

1st Jul 05 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's called 'fronting' when the main person insured on the car isn;t the main user and an additional driver (i.e you) is the main user, yes it get's you cheaper car insurance as it's in your Dads name but he's not the one driving it - you are.
So yes, you're on very dodgy ground.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FFS!!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0096850 seconds