corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Noise from Rear wheel - please help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Noise from Rear wheel - please help!
MKC

User status: Offline
16th Jul 05 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a strange rubbing sound coming from the passenger rear wheel. Its a strange sound (almost like a hollow sound?) and it starts at 40 mph and gets louder at u get faster.
I have checked the wheels are touching the arches anyway and that fine.

Any1 know what this is?
took it to vauxhall but they couldn't hear anything!

Thanks
Mattb

16th Jul 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear wheel bearing perhaps
Corsa_B1.2

16th Jul 05 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jack the car up and release the handbrake.

If there is play in the wheel its deffo wheel bearing.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jul 05 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel bearings are not fun when they go "crunch" . Get it sorted. Mine took the Stub Axle when the whole ot went up in smoke. Had to be loaded onto a Lorry (Twice) and cost me plenty of money

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll