corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No more speeding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No more speeding
richard_syko
Banned

User status: Offline
7th Aug 05 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.norwichunion.com/pay-as-you-drive/index.htm

I think this system would be able to tell how fast you go, omagine your premium if you forgot
ed

7th Aug 05 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is very contraversial. We live in a free country, and we therefore have the choice whether to break the law or not. But then again, it is against the law to speed and you shouldn't really be doing it. I don't see it being brought in for many years, just because of the sheer cost of implementing such a system.
corsa_fella

7th Aug 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speaking "hyperthetically" sp*, coult the device not be tampered with so that your insurance costs bugger all and it lets you break the speed limit!
richard_syko
Banned

7th Aug 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_fella
speaking "hyperthetically" sp*, coult the device not be tampered with so that your insurance costs bugger all and it lets you break the speed limit!

Like left in the garage
corsa_fella

7th Aug 05 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, i suppose youd have to take it out with you on a sunday after noon or something, or better still you could strap the black box to your dog! lol that would confuse the insurance rapists!
ed

7th Aug 05 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't if be like a Tracker which are pretty hard to find and remove.
Robbo

7th Aug 05 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure the system would not be allowed to map things like speed etc... invasion of privacy an all that...a s ed says, its up to us if we choose to break the law per se...
ed

7th Aug 05 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The question is, should a human right of privacy be broken to in theory protect another human right of safety.
corsa_fella

7th Aug 05 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Wouldn't if be like a Tracker which are pretty hard to find and remove.

nope if you look on that norwich union link above theres a pic in the latest news sections,sais to be put in the boot on pass footwell!

i thinks its wrong! as where would the law lie with the black box not being able to sympathize for certain situations! such as having to speed up to clear another car on a motorway,having to go faster to stop a collision as the relult of another driver ect

whereas with a camera at least theres some sort of evidence if you get what im trying to say!

mazdaspeed

7th Aug 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be like having a permanant speed camera above you all the time, you wont want to look anywhere else other than the speedo.

Like on top gear they said in County Durham and North Yorkshire - deaths down by about 15% with no speed cameras.
ash_corsa

7th Aug 05 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt this just to measure how often you use your car for insurance premium calculation? it doesnt mention speeding and it seems the information is only used by the insurance provider not the people who give out speeding fines??
Butler

7th Aug 05 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its easy to assume a speeding sensor would be also equipped as it could give insurance companies an idea of how you drive, although im not sure how it would sense what the speed limit is in the area you are driving.
dna23

7th Aug 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was ognna do it and thery offered to reduce me insurance by 500 quid but i had ot stick to all spedd limits

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No more speeding 23 database queries in 0.0365629 seconds