corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gaz D has made it into the 12's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gaz D has made it into the 12's
Mattb

User status: Offline
10th Aug 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When NOS is banned by the FIA then it will be cheating..... untill then game on
Skinz

10th Aug 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suspect it will pop eventually
Skinz

10th Aug 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many f1 cars, or rally cars use nos or touring cars for that matter? its not really a viablie tuning solution in the real world
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
i suspect it will pop eventually

it's a corsa
Mattb

10th Aug 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
how many f1 cars, or rally cars use nos or touring cars for that matter? its not really a viablie tuning solution in the real world

Drag cars/Bikes do
Skinz

10th Aug 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drag cars?? exactly thats all its good for, is that all he wants the car to be, a drag car? doubtful

[Edited on 10-08-2005 by Skinz]
Tom

10th Aug 05 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vibs you're being a bit of a cock about this in my eyes.
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Vibs you're being a bit of a cock about this in my eyes.

fine but at least I'll be a cock without cheating
Ditch

10th Aug 05 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one is cheating, there are no rules

however, if you cant appreciate its a quick car, with and without gas, then kindly stfu
Tom

10th Aug 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch

however, if you cant appreciate its a quick car, with and without gas, then kindly stfu

Echo oh oh oh
Ditch

10th Aug 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when buttmunch scotsman gets it into his head that no one is cheating, then I will stop saying it!!
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch

Corsa with 150hp of laughing gas no
Corsa without yes
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is just a road car used all week to go to work in and a bit of fun at the pod nothing serious just fun never came across cheating when your having fun,if you have not used gas then granny needs to learn the facts before she shouts her mouth of about total s**t
Carl

10th Aug 05 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate,I see no rule breaking or deception so can't see how anyone can call you a cheat.
iceman

10th Aug 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any vids of this doing the 12 sec?
corb

10th Aug 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok. So if he's just gone and plumbed in the nitrous and not taken ay effort or anything........ Vibs, I challenge that if you were to put 150bhp of nitrous onto your punto or whatever you're in these days it will break VERY quickly and NOT do a 12 second 1/4 mile in the process.

Bear in mind Gaz' car has been running high levels of nitrous for quite some time and only problem, as far as I'm aware, is he recently snapped the crank.

Water injection cools the air being forced into the chambers, and as you know cooler air is denser so will have more oxygen in it to accelerate combustion.

And someone on Cupra.net, Vibs, saw a 5hp gain from his intercooler spray

The purpose of a 1/4 mile sprint is to get from one end to the other as quickly as possible and with nitrous being allowed for competition use how is using nitrous in Gaz' case 'cheating' ?

Think of the fuel Gaz saves by running nitrous. If he was to use a 350+bhp xe for the road day to day driving, which is what the car is MAINLY used for, his fuel bill would be horrendous and very IMPRACTICAL. Would that then make his day to day car 'worthless' in your eyes due to ridiculous fuel consumption?

His corsa does EXACTLY what its intended to do, perform well on the road with a nicely tuned XE then when he gets it onto the 1/4 mile strip it posts good times, again fulfilling the purposes of the car.
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
Ok. So if he's just gone and plumbed in the nitrous and not taken ay effort or anything........ Vibs, I challenge that if you were to put 150bhp of nitrous onto your punto or whatever you're in these days it will break VERY quickly and NOT do a 12 second 1/4 mile in the process.

I'd not put 150hp of gas into any car and if I wanted a 12s car I'd buy a supra and fit bigger turbos like AK did. as for the punto you can get sub 14s without gas so fitting a toucher crack, conrod, pistons, head gasket etc to make the inside stronger you could

Bear in mind Gaz' car has been running high levels of nitrous for quite some time and only problem, as far as I'm aware, is he recently snapped the crank.

how many runs?

Water injection cools the air being forced into the chambers, and as you know cooler air is denser so will have more oxygen in it to accelerate combustion.

waterinjection does not increase hp on it's own

And someone on Cupra.net, Vibs, saw a 5hp gain from his intercooler spray

5hp on a dyno is statisically an error unless you do lots of runs. if you do two runs in a row your not going to get the same figures

The purpose of a 1/4 mile sprint is to get from one end to the other as quickly as possible and with nitrous being allowed for competition use how is using nitrous in Gaz' case 'cheating' ?

it's not cheating for the rules of drag racing. its not pure engine modification. you can use gas consantly which is what people are really trying to say

Think of the fuel Gaz saves by running nitrous. If he was to use a 350+bhp xe for the road day to day driving, which is what the car is MAINLY used for, his fuel bill would be horrendous and very IMPRACTICAL. Would that then make his day to day car 'worthless' in your eyes due to ridiculous fuel consumption?

think of what fuel. put 150hp worth of gas into a car you need to fuel it also. also just because you run a turbo does not mean your fuel bill will be large. you only use more petrol while on boost.

His corsa does EXACTLY what its intended to do, perform well on the road with a nicely tuned XE then when he gets it onto the 1/4 mile strip it posts good times, again fulfilling the purposes of the car.

not arguing about that point. 12s in a corsa is quick but using gas takes a lot of the wonder out of it

hope this works

http://www.sottopanzacomponents.com/filmati/modena_STREAM%20CR.wmv

green punto - 520hp and 780 with NOS. It ran a 10.5 at 220km/h quarter mile.

SMB

[Edited on 10-08-2005 by vibrio]
Cybermonkey

10th Aug 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO at ross
mwg

10th Aug 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corb

10th Aug 05 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
Rob H

10th Aug 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt a car running Nitrous, usually put into a seperate class in RWYB days and events like that? IIRC its put into tthe non road legal category i think .
Nic Barnes

10th Aug 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nitrous is road legal thought isnt it?

12 second 1/4 mile with noz is impressive, but a 12 second 1/4 mile without noz, just a pure well tuned engine is even more impressive.
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got up against a 600bhp supra and although he just beat us and done a 12.89 1/4 he had done a lot more than just put bigger turbo's on it i think he said he spent about £20.000 on it not including the car price we have spent £5.500 to date inc car

We have now run the car for 2-3 years and been to 2x pv shows 2x usc 1x french car show, donny south eastcoast extreme and lost count of rwyb.

n2o does not increase hp on it's own just melts everything like just upping turbo boost without more fuel.

You can use gas ALL the time you just can't carry enough but then you can't use any fuel all the time without ever filling up.

Our engine is about 220bhp so very reliable apart from the odd broken crank 350 bhp would make it less reliable even if you did not use it and if you check the FACTS n2o does not break engines unless you do something wrong or put too much in just like any other mod.

And thats it vibrio check facts before you shout about things you THINK you know about
Meat-Pie-SRI

10th Aug 05 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was this car the little purple sleeper with hub caps and the XE with SBD TB's?
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GAZ`D
We got up against a 600bhp supra and although he just beat us and done a 12.89 1/4 he had done a lot more than just put bigger turbo's on it i think he said he spent about £20.000 on it not including the car price we have spent £5.500 to date inc car

We have now run the car for 2-3 years and been to 2x pv shows 2x usc 1x french car show, donny south eastcoast extreme and lost count of rwyb.

n2o does not increase hp on it's own just melts everything like just upping turbo boost without more fuel.

You can use gas ALL the time you just can't carry enough but then you can't use any fuel all the time without ever filling up.

Our engine is about 220bhp so very reliable apart from the odd broken crank 350 bhp would make it less reliable even if you did not use it and if you check the FACTS n2o does not break engines unless you do something wrong or put too much in just like any other mod.

And thats it vibrio check facts before you shout about things you THINK you know about

ak's did 12.8 I think with hybrid turbos, 1.4 bar and an exhaust (fueling too). he broke his engine so it cost him 7k.

apart from the NOS flamable thing I can't see where I have gone wrong?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gaz D has made it into the 12's 23 database queries in 0.0171359 seconds