corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » weird problem with my wheel??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author weird problem with my wheel??
slicker_than_ur_average

User status: Offline
26th Aug 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this sounds really weird but whenever it rains and i dont move my car for about 12 to 15 hours, my back wheel just seizes and it just seems like its blocked, it doesnr roll wen i want to set off from home.

it mainly happens wen it rains or if i get my car washed. its the back right wheel. if i havent moved my car for about a day and i start my car the next day and just as i put my hand brake down and give it some gas, it feels like theres summat holding my tyre back and the back right tyre doesnt move/roll, all the other 3 tyres do but this tyre is getting dragged along the floor for about a metre until i stop. when i give it alot of gas it goes BANG and then the wheel starts to move ok and i set off and i can see this big tyre mark wich my tyre has left outside my house.

im really confused now coz it only does this if i havent started my car for a day or 2 and especially wen it rains or if i get my car washed..... think the water may be going into sumthing round the back or it may be summat else

anyone else experienced this?
please help....

thanks

[Edited on 26-08-2005 by slicker_than_ur_average]
purpleperil

26th Aug 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it could be something to do with the handbrake and the brake shoes not releasing completely when the handbrake is taken off?
slicker_than_ur_average

26th Aug 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel i did get a new handbrake cable put in about a year ago as the other one was worn out, but its only the back right wheel and not the back left which seizes until i give it some gas then it cracks free and the wheel starts to move. could it be anything to do with the hub?

is it dangerous?

New Poll