corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cutting out
britaxcooper

User status: Offline
18th Aug 05 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its done this before but its alot worse now

i was told it was the ICV before, but the problem went away

now it SEEMS to be using too much fuel,

its extreamly lumpy idle and refuse's to start sometimes, have to start it with your foot flat to the floor, if it goes below 3Krpm then it dies slowly and wont pick up, it also smells alot, so its probs rather rich

its ok after its ran, it sits around 2Krpm and then slowly settles itself down to normal idle speed but if you then set off from a junction then it will want to die unless your really gentle on the throttle.

any ideas what i can do?
boyracer2002

19th Aug 05 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem with my gsi, i took all the inlet off etc unplugged everything and plugged back up, there was an air leak somewhere which seemed to be causing it as solved the prob, could be something else though with yours though someone surely will know on here?
j7 gkk

19th Aug 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this on my 1.4 sport, had it on computer and it said knock sensor so replaced that and it sorted out the smell and revs (wouldnt rev properly before) and economy believe it or not, then it was still not idleing right so had it back on computer and no problems and it also wouldnt start sometimes and when it did the idle dropped coughed an spluttered then was sometimes ok, so i was told to change the coolant temperature sensor so did tat and it has been mint sinse changing this, hope this helps mate
britaxcooper

28th Aug 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replys,

had the engine management light come on but not always, sometimes its starting ok ish and others its running on 2 cylinders by the sounds of things with my foot flat to the floor its only barely idling, once it picks up tho its fine above 2500rpm, sometimes its fine once its had a drive others it will just die at junctions.

So whats the "to do" list?

1st things to check and change?

Notice halford sell a vaux faultfinder to tell you the code, my dad recons this would help but if the engine management light isnt on then surely the car doesnt know it has a fault so it wont help will it?

cheers
Siberia

28th Aug 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolant Temperture Sensor

New Poll