corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Knocking behind the centre of my dash!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knocking behind the centre of my dash!
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
25th Feb 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, really pissing me off now, was gona strip bits down today to try and source the problem but its pissing it down with rain! It usually only happens when i go over bumps.

Doesn't sound like its from the engine, just behind the centre of the dash somewhere maybe at the back of the bulkhead.

Just a long shot to see if anyone else has had this before i rip my motor to pieces!?
Siberia

25th Feb 05 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mice?
broster
Premium Member

25th Feb 05 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

racoons
X 60RSA

25th Feb 05 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fcuking hope not! lol Has been known tho, suppose i'll have to find a decent day weather wise and try to solve the problem or just wait for the thing that might be coming loose to fall off! Hey, never thought of that!
Joff

25th Feb 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
racoons

Just about to say that
mjw_2k2

25th Feb 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
mice?

lol i went to see this old nova once, and i opened the bonnet and there was 2 rats inside the engine bay!

try removing the scuttle panel and black plastic bit, to see below there, just to make sure there isnt anything loose in there, try shaking the car with bonnet open 2 see what knocks, and try sitting inside with somone else shaking car 2 make sure its not inside?
broster
Premium Member

25th Feb 05 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:
Originally posted by broster
racoons

Just about to say that

sorry im the originator of the racoon theory! so piss off and go adopt a racoon!

seriously tho, id just go down some major bumpy roads very fast and wait for it to fall off!
X 60RSA

25th Feb 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried that, i'll investigate tomorrow when i can do it under some shelter away from the rain!
X 60RSA

26th Feb 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i decided to set about my knocking noise in the dark, and intermitent hail showers! Anyway, problem is sorted, my toad alarm siren was loose and knocking inside my bulkhead tray, hense the rub marks on the paint, all sorted, thank fcuk there were no mice!

Also changed my pollen filter to a nice clean white one, the old one was a thick with black shit.
JUGGA

8th Sep 05 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol... i got the same prob, defo not from my engine bay or under the scuttle as ive checked it PROPERLY. its defo from behind my dash, my toad alarm is secure behind the dash too.

what could it be? ive felt around everywhere possible and no wobble parts, also ive had the clocks out and checked for any loose things from there, but no joy? its defo in the car behind the dash tho... possibly coming from driver side... thing is on the driver side you can more or less feel everything behind the dash, but i cant put my finger on it??

also mine makes the noise when i hit every tiny bump. cant be serious because the car just passed mot, someone help me put my finger on this annoying noise ive had for over a year

[Edited on 08-09-2005 by Unr3al Rac3r]
X 60RSA

8th Sep 05 at 04:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your sure you've checked everything under the scuttle panel, taken it all off.......wiper motors.....i never imagined mine to be my alarm siren but it was at it only sat about 5mm away from a piece of metal! Are you on an aftermarket alarm, alot of companies store them above the glove box just loose....could be that.

Double check everything under the scuttle. It has to be something substantial in size id say for you to hear it when driving.
JUGGA

8th Sep 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a toad ai606 alarm and the siren is in the engine bay very secure. the toad unit is under the glovevbox area and also very secure and no where near metal.

any other suggestions? X6ORSA you must know what im goign through here aaarrgghh!!!!!
JUGGA

8th Sep 05 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and yeah took the wiper arms off, took scuttle panel out, took plastic covering off and felt everywhere... all is ok there. and by the way it only happens when i hit every bump possible, doesnt do it when i turn or go/stop..ect. only bumps. its a high pitched noise like i said before like if you tap a key on metal/bodywork of car.
X 60RSA

8th Sep 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you feel in through your steering, could be steering rack related or something behind the inlet manifold area.

New Poll