corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1997 Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto for sale

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1997 Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto for sale
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Sep 05 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1997/P Vauxhall Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto

• MOT and tax till February 2006
  • 3 previous owners
  • Very cheap to insure and tax
  • 84k miles
  • X14XE 1.4 16v 90bhp engine
  • AF13 4-speed auto gearbox with sport and winter modes
  • Metallic Satin Red
  • Front fog lights
  • Air conditioning (was regassed in January)
  • Central locking with deadlocking facility
  • Electric front windows, and heated mirrors
  • Electric aerial
  • Power steering
  • Leather steering wheel with airbag
  • 15" Vauxhall alloy wheels with Falken ZE512 195/55/15 tyres all round
  • Powerflow cat-back stainless steel exhaust system with twin oval tailpipes
  • Smoked side repeaters with silver bulbs (glows orange when lit)
  • Debadged and door bump strips removed
  • Well documented service history

Has recently had front discs & pads, and rear drums & shoes replaced by Vauxhall, loads of other parts have been changed since I've owned the car, no expense spared!

Now for the bad points:

* Tracking needs to be done, and possibly balancing of front tyres too. £40 at the most to have all this done. All tyres are in excellent condition though, with plenty of tread!

* Needs a new catalytic converter. I have been quoted £100 all inc. from the place that fitted my Powerflow exhaust for a new one.

* Bodywork has seen better days. There are a few dents/scratches which can be easily sorted out, however both passenger doors require sorting out and respraying due to surface rust right at the bottom of each door, caused by stone chips etc. Been quoted £350 by a Vauxhall main dealer to have this done, but should be cheaper at normal bodyshops.

* Engine oil consumption is excessive (about 1 litre a month), low idle (550rpm), and sometimes misfires. I have just changed the HT leads and spark plugs this morning and this seems to have helped a bit with the misfire problem. Not sure what could be causing the excessive oil consumption though.

Taking into account the above issues, I am looking for offers of £650 ONO for my car.

Would also consider a straight swap with a Cavalier 2.0 16v or V6 auto.

Please feel free to U2U me for more details or to arrange to come and take a look at the car, thanks.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1997 Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto for sale 25 database queries in 0.0059750 seconds