corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help - Radio wont turn on, tried everything

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help - Radio wont turn on, tried everything
gingerob19

User status: Offline
   29th Sep 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ey up....

I've just bought myself an 1996 corsa sport but I can't get the radio (sony md player) to turn on. It will accept md and eject them when you press the button so there is something there but no lights or sound. I plugged the radio into halford's testing board and it roared into life. I've checked all the fused, looked for loose connections and even took the ignition apart and cleaned the connections - but can't find anything wrong.

As someone else has owned this car b4 I don't know what electrical mayhem took place - does anyone have any clue as to what it may be?

Cheers

Rob
Richie

29th Sep 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignition live is not connected.
gingerob19

29th Sep 05 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bin to me local ice dealer... they couldn't find why the ignition live was ok at the ignition but not getting to the radio... apparently a common problem on corsas... found a way to bypass it and now the radio can be used without the ignition on... cheers

Rob

New Poll