corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Colour Coding price

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour Coding price
A.Nam

User status: Offline
11th Oct 05 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just bought a pre-facelift corsa C, i really want the black bit colour coding but they are textured and i think that they will look poor, is there anyway that a body shop could colour code it so it has a smooth finish like the rest of the car? also, how much would this cost me?

later on i will also be fitting A front spoiler, somthing like a irmischer or stieny one, anyone got any ideas on price for fitting and spaying of this?

thanks in advance,
Nam
Jonster

11th Oct 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure of cost mate, but any decent bodyshop will be able to get a glass smooth finish on the 'textured' parts of your bumpers...
SJW
Banned

11th Oct 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that type of plastic isnt meant to be sprayed, it sweats and paint wont bond to it properly, you may encounter issues over time if you do

vaux may do replacement bits in ready primer, thats a safer bet

[Edited on 11-10-2005 by SJW]
dna23

11th Oct 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumper parts for a good job and smoothing as you say: £200-300

Fitting and Spraying Lip will be lower if its irmscher as its a good fit so around £150-200 mark but could be £200+ for a poor fit splitter

Few people on here run bodyshops or know people in them, stbodyworx r very good (customcorsa) when i spoke to him about work his dad mailed me back all the time and gave me a good idea of what i cud have done and costs
Jonster

11th Oct 05 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SJW
that type of plastic isnt meant to be sprayed, it sweats and paint wont bond to it properly, you may encounter issues over time if you do

My old Nova GSi had colour coded bumpers that were textured as standard

Vaux left them textured when they sprayed them, when the car was new

I had them sprayed to a glass finish by a bodyshop, 2 years later when I sold the car, they were still like when they came out of the bodyshop
A.Nam

11th Oct 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers DNA, i will get hold of him then, i was thinking around the £300 mark myself but wasnt sure, btw your car is just sexy
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Oct 05 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonster
quote:
Originally posted by SJW

My old Nova GSi had colour coded bumpers that were textured as standard

Vaux left them textured when they sprayed them, when the car was new

I had them sprayed to a glass finish by a bodyshop, 2 years later when I sold the car, they were still like when they came out of the bodyshop

doesnt really happen on old cars as the new plastics that are used are from recyled plastics which have oils in them and that is what can make them look bad if they get chipped or scuffed !!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Colour Coding price 23 database queries in 0.0112760 seconds