corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new engine
corsa_griff

User status: Offline
11th Oct 05 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been offered a 2.0 16v red for £100 they say that it only needs a small rebuild doing should i get this how much will i being looking to get a box and get it fitted any help would be greatthanks
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

11th Oct 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its scrap then?

why would it need a small rebuild? imo there is no such thing.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

11th Oct 05 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it needs a small rebuild then it will be better off getting a full rebuild, which is reasonably costly probs around 800 bucks
myke

11th Oct 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

box would be about £50 normally.
kinda agree with 808. if you want to rebuild one then great, get it it's cheap.

if you want to put an engine straight in then you can buy a decent one for £300-400 with all the bits you need to fit, and that would be far far cheaper.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

11th Oct 05 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i spent 450 on an engine and it ended up needing the head rebuilt and sorted for being porus so be careful what you buy mate if you go cheap then it sometimes ends up costing you more in the long run

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new engine 23 database queries in 0.0326679 seconds